Collapse of the Pyramid System

Status
Not open for further replies.
havent played at brandon for years, whats it like there these days? am guessing its improved and have heard some investment has gone into the place

nee idea who will miss out like, not sure what the criteria will be - still time for someone to drop out too

1 team hasn't applied but before Murton dropped out the remaining 14 were;

Boldon CC
Whitburn
Philadelphia
Norton
Eppleton
South Hetton
Felling
Horden
Seaham Harbour
Washington
Brandon
Crook
Willington
Sacriston

Criteria is along the lines of, standard of 1st team, junior set up, facilities (all grounds will be inspected) and other formalities like ECB Club Mark etc.

Is it the NEPL Div 1 that has a requirement that all teams will have to have an electronic scoreboard by a certain year; or did I dream that?

There are loads of things, can't remember off the top of my head. Scoreboard is one, also have facilities for umpires, spectators. Coaches, youth development.

They are looking at the full package and what each club can offer. It won't be solely based on who has the better 1st XI.

We tick all the boxes including hillbillys.........

I hope you get in.

Out of the 13 clubs named earlier your ground/facilities are in the top 7 or 8, first team very competitive, a good junior set up and what appears to be a very forward thinking committee.

You're nailed on - good luck !

Last edited:
Can't for the life of me pick the team to miss out. It's going to be a very tough decision. Will be hard to take if your that one club who misses out.

Our ground (Washington) is being inspected on Friday. Nervous times.

Agreed, surely a functional scoreboard would suffice, surely they have bigger fish to fry than electronic scoreboards.

Really have no idea who will miss out from that list, although never been to Seaham Harbour so can't comment on them. I can give a list of teams I wouldn't want to go to mind.

1 team hasn't applied but before Murton dropped out the remaining 14 were;

Boldon CC
Whitburn
Philadelphia
Norton
Eppleton
South Hetton
Felling
Horden
Seaham Harbour
Washington
Brandon
Crook
Willington
Sacriston

Criteria is along the lines of, standard of 1st team, junior set up, facilities (all grounds will be inspected) and other formalities like ECB Club Mark etc.

south hetton or sacriston will miss out i reckon.

Really have no idea who will miss out from that list, although never been to Seaham Harbour so can't comment on them. I can give a list of teams I wouldn't want to go to mind.

I played there a few years ago when they were still in the DSL.

We bowled their 2nd XI out for 42 and then it rained heavily while we were off for tea.

No covers, no key to get the sawdust out of the groundsman's shed, no commitment from them to finish the game and so it was called off at 3.30pm with nearly 4 hours to go (and we would have probably needed only half an hour max).

They were a complete shambles, maybe whether they've changed I don't know, but it seemed like a bit of a one man band and the ground is subject to vandalism as its off the beaten track.

Last edited:
Boldon CC
Whitburn
Philadelphia
Norton
Eppleton
South Hetton
Felling
Horden
Seaham Harbour
Washington
Brandon
Crook
Willington
Sacriston

Played at all those in bold and I would not want to play at Seaham Harbour every other week, sorry SH was all said in above post. I'd rather watch sex and the city1 and 2 followed by commentary on the box set from our lass :roll:

Played at Sacriston a few times and they have done a good bit of work on the place. New pavilion is superb, and they have about a million kids coming through their junior section. I think they will be pretty high up the list.

Boldon CC
Whitburn
Philadelphia
Norton
Eppleton
South Hetton
Felling
Horden
Seaham Harbour
Washington
Brandon
Crook
Willington
Sacriston

Played at all those in bold and I would not want to play at Seaham Harbour every other week, sorry SH was all said in above post. I'd rather watch sex and the city1 and 2 followed by commentary on the box set from our lass :roll:
My thoughts exactly. Anyone who'd rather play at the harbour over somewhere like south Jetton needs their head read IMO.

Apparently Crook were the team not to apply. So looks like 12 from the remaining 13.

So what does this mean for the DSL? my team burnmoor have been up the top of this league for years, with some of the best players in the league. I'm in under 18's and moving into all the senior side's next season, bit worried reading all this. Looks like we could be left behind, seaham harbour and washington's grounds are awful after reading the list of applicants.

So what does this mean for the DSL? my team burnmoor have been up the top of this league for years, with some of the best players in the league. I'm in under 18's and moving into all the senior side's next season, bit worried reading all this. Looks like we could be left behind, seaham harbour and washington's grounds are awful after reading the list of applicants.

Washington's ground isn't awful at all, what in your opinion is wrong with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back