Collapse of the Pyramid System

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are there has been no mention of a Sunday league we have been good supporters of the HLSL for many years it would be sad to leave. Is there a web site I could find this out on ?

The Voice Of Reason said:
We are there has been no mention of a Sunday league we have been good supporters of the HLSL for many years it would be sad to leave. Is there a web site I could find this out on ?

If there's no Sunday league maybe you could stay in HLSL then? Mind I would have expected that NEPL2 would mirror NEPL1.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the midweek third teams leagues.

there are loads of questions to be answered by either the DCB or the NEPL and about 6 months to answer them all.

My immediate question is what is the junior setup going to be next year? for example Sacriston are now in the NEPL 2. will say their U11's continue to play in the same league as annfield plain or will the DCB be forming a durham junior league or the NEPL be forming a junior division for them to play in?

The Colonel said:
there are loads of questions to be answered by either the DCB or the NEPL and about 6 months to answer them all.

My immediate question is what is the junior setup going to be next year? for example Sacriston are now in the NEPL 2. will say their U11's continue to play in the same league as annfield plain or will the DCB be forming a durham junior league or the NEPL be forming a junior division for them to play in?

NEPL teams currently remain in their old geographic leagues for junior games. It would be stupid to have Tynemouth travelling to Norton etc. Guess option is there now to have a North and South division though.

The junior cricket is an interesting debate and it will be interesting to see what happens with the league structure at that level. I personally think it would be better if Junior sides continued to compete in the same leagues. For example Brandon in the County Junior League and so on.

I know now that there are clubs who compete at Junior level that don't compete at Senior level - Bishop Auckland, Coundon and Newton Aycliffe have all had teams in the junior ranks at some stage. However the respective leagues may spit their dummies and say that isn't allowed anymore because certain clubs have deserted. I know certain officials of the County League aren't happy to be losing clubs but what can they expect when the league is ran by a bunch of muppets.

brandon said:
The junior cricket is an interesting debate and it will be interesting to see what happens with the league structure at that level. I personally think it would be better if Junior sides continued to compete in the same leagues. For example Brandon in the County Junior League and so on.

I know now that there are clubs who compete at Junior level that don't compete at Senior level - Bishop Auckland, Coundon and Newton Aycliffe have all had teams in the junior ranks at some stage. However the respective leagues may spit their dummies and say that isn't allowed anymore because certain clubs have deserted. I know certain officials of the County League aren't happy to be losing clubs but what can they expect when the league is ran by a bunch of muppets.

How mate how many did you get today..............;)

NEPL teams currently remain in their old geographic leagues for junior games. It would be stupid to have Tynemouth travelling to Norton etc. Guess option is there now to have a North and South division though.
I think that this is a good option.

form a Durham Cricket League for the junior teams and have a north and a south division, with perhaps the top team in each meeting up for an end of season decider. You could also do this for a NEPL junior setup as well and remember the likes of Stockton wouldnt have to be part of the junior setup if they didnt want to be, to negate any travelling extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back