Clubs telling untruths about transfer fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds daft to try and put a spin on the transfer fee.
a) The fans will doing there sums and saying oh we have x amount of money then.
b) A player can come out and say right I want my 5% of the transfer fee that is getting bandied about.

Bob Murray had a habit of including wages in the value - such as Flo costing £10m which was £6m (ish) fee plus £4m wages over 4/5 years.

Think that one was something along the lines if '£10m deal' which turned out to be 6.75m transfer fee and a large sum upfront as a way of keeping our wage structure in tact.

Bob Murray had a habit of including wages in the value - such as Flo costing £10m which was £6m (ish) fee plus £4m wages over 4/5 years.

I might be wrong but I think your memory may be playing tricks - it was £10m for Flo and Stewart. He did come out and say McCarthy would have £10m to spend, after getting us promoted, but it later transpired this £10m included wages.

So, when the details are released in club accounts, what's the point of the lies?
Because the way they are accounted for you cant equate a single transfer fee to a single player...

They are accounted for over a number of years and all lumped into one pot..

So, when the details are released in club accounts, what's the point of the lies?

By that stage the world has moved on. Season tickets have been sold and protests have been quelled. BOYCOUTTS avoided.

In other words fans have been conned

I might be wrong but I think your memory may be playing tricks - it was £10m for Flo and Stewart. He did come out and say McCarthy would have £10m to spend, after getting us promoted, but it later transpired this £10m included wages.

Probably but that's why I said 'ish'. I used the Flo transfer as an example to Bob Murray's annual '£10m to spend' announcement always including wages when he was challenged over it, as you said in the MM reference.

The actual fees can be found out easily under the freedom of information act, it's illegal to falsify revenue and income - it's the media that are the real f***ing talkshites here.

I was at the celebration promotion dinner at the club and Murray said there that there was no money for McCarthy to spend.

Sounds daft to try and put a spin on the transfer fee.
a) The fans will doing there sums and saying oh we have x amount of money then.
b) A player can come out and say right I want my 5% of the transfer fee that is getting bandied about.
a) Is this an issue?
b) How? It's a rumoured fee, so does not exist? Can't happen once the contract is signed anyway.

The actual fees can be found out easily under the freedom of information act, it's illegal to falsify revenue and income - it's the media that are the real f***ing talkshites here.
They wont be falsifying revenue and income though but the way its accounted for makes it impossible to pick up a set of accounts and find out an individual transfer fee.

As said earlier with the McCormack fee add ons can easily be just painted as one big fee to inflate the situation at one end and taken off at another..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back