Chris young: Chelsea is a must win

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win is not necessary, that's nonsense. A draw tomorrow means Newcastle cannot be more than 3 points ahead, with a worse GD and an extra game played. Draw tomorrow and then beat Everton, and we'll be above Newcastle whatever they do (in practical terms - they aren't going to win 8 or 9-0 ) at Villa. Then all we'd need to do is match their result on the final day, and they cannot stay up.

Of course, Norwich could beat Man Utd tomorrow and all of a sudden everything looks very different! :)

I don't get why most people are seeing this game as a game we will probably lose, yet the Mags game against Spurs is one they will win?

All we have to do tomorrow is match whatever Newcastle will get against Spurs.

i'm then confident that we can overturn a 1 point deficit and match their result against Villa.

If we lose we will probably go down, draw we still have a decent chance.

I agree. A win would be utterly fantastic, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. It would however put huge pressure on the Everton game.

If I'm honest, I can see us, the mags and Norwich all drawing tomorrow.

I agree. A win would be utterly fantastic, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. It would however put huge pressure on the Everton game.

If I'm honest, I can see us, the mags and Norwich all drawing tomorrow.
If Newcastle fail to win tomorrow they're almost certainly gone.

It's not mathematically an absolute must win but if we lose and Newcastle and/or Norwich win there will be no coming back from that in my opinion mathematics or not.

If we lose and the Skunks/Norwich win, we are fucked really. Tomorrow isn't must win, but we can't lose

I reckon 5. Draw against Chelsea. Beat Everton. Draw at Watford. Mags beat Villa and draw with Spurs. Stay up on GD and we lose a few supporters as collateral damage to heart conditions.

good shout

How do you make that out? The Mags have one point from their last ten away games. That's ONE POINT! How the f*ck do you think it's likely they'll beat Villa at Villa Park? We didn't manage it. They beat Norwich at home and drew with Leicester, too. What are you basic this "likelihood" on?
How will they beat villa?
Are you mad?

Unless Norwich win tomorrow, 4 points from our next two games will have us out of the bottom three on goal difference before the final game even if Newcastle beat Villa and Norwich beat Watford which are both likely.

Then we just have to match the results of the other two on the last day. If both us and the mags lose the last day Norwich would still have to beat Everton
When you put it like that, I'm filled with optimism again. :)

Not really. draw, and then we beat everton and watford and we stay up !
If we get 7 points Newcastle cannot stay up, Norwich theoretically can though.
The fact that Norwich play early tomorrow (?) is significant, because if they lose that, we go into the Chelsea game knowing that a draw becomes an even stronger result.

We have to match what the Mags do against the Spuds, against Chelsea tomorrow.
Home to Everton and away to Watford we have to match the Mags against Villa +1.
We have some wriggle room, the Mags have virtually none

We have to match what the Mags do against the Spuds, against Chelsea tomorrow.
Home to Everton and away to Watford we have to match the Mags against Villa +1.
We have some wriggle room, the Mags have virtually none
This is why I think they will bottle it tomorrow.

Dont think norwich will beat both man utd and everton...
Neither do I, but they have the opportunity to. Which as I said, gives significance to their early KO tomorrow, as we'll know their result before we kick a ball. In practical terms, if we win tomorrow and Norwich lose they're gone. If Newcastle lose and we win, a draw on Wednesday would finish them off anarl ;)

We need the mindset that all of our competitors will win their games - we can't go into games thinking 'it is okay, they won't win all theirs so we can afford a draw here'.

Chelsea won't be particularly arsed about this (well, they shouldn't be)...

Edit: Just seen Hiddink's comments - my feeling still stands that Chelsea won't be particularly arsed either way

There is no logic behind it but for some reason I think we will beat Everton and Watford and sneak a point tomorrow. I've never been so optimistic, weirdly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back