Chris young: Chelsea is a must win

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I'm crap at sums I was literally using my fingers to count on with a puzzled look on me face after I read the report in the Echo :oops:
Calculator every time for me. Anywhere past ten I have to take me shoes and socks off.

There is no logic behind it but for some reason I think we will beat Everton and Watford and sneak a point tomorrow. I've never been so optimistic, weirdly.
I wouldn't call it optimism exactly, I'm just unusually calm. I've never ever felt like this. Mind it's not tomorrow yet.

Worst case happens, we lose and Mags and Norwich both win, puts table like this;

Newcastle 36
Norwich 34
Sunderland 32

Then we would more than likely need 2 wins to get to 38. Still think we only need 4 points to be safe
That is the worst post i've seen on here for ages, scary man !

How do you make that out? The Mags have one point from their last ten away games. That's ONE POINT! How the f*ck do you think it's likely they'll beat Villa at Villa Park? We didn't manage it. They beat Norwich at home and drew with Leicester, too. What are you basic this "likelihood" on?

Nowt at all.

The mags also lost in the FA Cup at Watford which makes it 11 games with 10 defeats and a draw.

I'd take a draw now but that's on the basis that the mags aren't guaranteed 3 points at Villa.

Fair point and I wish I was as pessimistic as you but that point was at Anfield and they didn't have Benitez until recently. It can't be denied he has made a difference (sadly).

And we are talking about Villa here!!

Aye Benitez got 1 lucky draw, 3 defeats and conceded 9 goals in his 4 away games.

It's a tiny improvement if any at all.

wrong, but who cares. Let's just hope Villa spring a surprise and Chelsea can't be arsed.

I agree. A win would be utterly fantastic, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. It would however put huge pressure on the Everton game.

If I'm honest, I can see us, the mags and Norwich all drawing tomorrow.

That would be a fantastic outcome and leave us as hot favourites to stay up.

they were unlucky against Leicester who were shit how were they lucky getting a point at liverpool

They weren't unlucky against Leicester, they did OK, especially 2nd half but didn't deserve a point.

Liverpool, the first goal was a terrible error by Mignolet, would have had a decent chance of saving it if he hadn't tried to punch it getting nowhere near the ball, leaving the goal unguarded. Colback scored off a frankly awful shot, which would have bobbled into the keeper's hand but for a lucky deflection.

We were lucky down Liverpool and at Stoke (balanced out by not getting a penna for a handball and Crouch's blatant foul for their goal) but the mags have carried a lot of luck against Swansea, Liverpool and Palace IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back