Chris young: Chelsea is a must win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless Norwich win tomorrow, 4 points from our next two games will have us out of the bottom three on goal difference before the final game even if Newcastle beat Villa and Norwich beat Watford which are both likely.

Then we just have to match the results of the other two on the last day. If both us and the mags lose the last day Norwich would still have to beat Everton

If we lose we will probably go down, draw we still have a decent chance.
Surely it also depends on what Newcastle and Norwich do.

Well at least the daft bugger has got his sums right in his online version, in tonights paper he has us drawing and mags winning putting them 4 points ahead!
somebody must have told him of dropped bollock :lol:
He's sorted now.

Logon or register to see this image

Well at least the daft bugger has got his sums right in his online version, in tonights paper he has us drawing and mags winning putting them 4 points ahead!
somebody must have told him of dropped bollock :lol:
I read that earlier and while I've been working me brain has been working overtime trying to work it out because I was pretty sure he was wrong

Worst case happens, we lose and Mags and Norwich both win, puts table like this;

Newcastle 36
Norwich 34
Sunderland 32

Then we would more than likely need 2 wins to get to 38. Still think we only need 4 points to be safe

Unless Norwich win tomorrow, 4 points from our next two games will have us out of the bottom three on goal difference before the final game even if Newcastle beat Villa and Norwich beat Watford which are both likely.

Then we just have to match the results of the other two on the last day. If both us and the mags lose the last day Norwich would still have to beat Everton

How do you make that out? The Mags have one point from their last ten away games. That's ONE POINT! How the f*ck do you think it's likely they'll beat Villa at Villa Park? We didn't manage it. They beat Norwich at home and drew with Leicester, too. What are you basic this "likelihood" on?

I read that earlier and while I've been working me brain has been working overtime trying to work it out because I was pretty sure he was wrong
Nice to know there's someone in the world worse with numbers than I am. At least I don't print my clangers in the local paper.

It's not mathematically an absolute must win but if we lose and Newcastle and/or Norwich win there will be no coming back from that in my opinion mathematics or not.

How do you make that out? The Mags have one point from their last ten away games. That's ONE POINT! How the f*ck do you think it's likely they'll beat Villa at Villa Park? We didn't manage it. They beat Norwich at home and drew with Leicester, too. What are you basic this "likelihood" on?

Fair point and I wish I was as pessimistic as you but that point was at Anfield and they didn't have Benitez until recently. It can't be denied he has made a difference (sadly).

And we are talking about Villa here!!

Worst case happens, we lose and Mags and Norwich both win, puts table like this;

Newcastle 36
Norwich 34
Sunderland 32

Then we would more than likely need 2 wins to get to 38. Still think we only need 4 points to be safe

6 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back