Burnley sniffing about yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you have them pay 2 million for a player you regard as inadequate? Surely that is how we got into this mess.
Where did I say he was inadequate? Think he's a decent player with plenty of potential. Improvements are needed though and Spurs are usually a massive pain in the arse to deal with.

Which one was he to blame for :confused::confused:

Did you watch the match?

Just to clarify he didn't set up the winner, you are actually saying that?

Good old @Uromastyx :lol::lol::lol:

:confused: I am not a huge fan of Yedlin, but this is not true, Big Sam took Kone off because he was struggling.

He just doesn't seemingly like me, so will disagree with anything I say for the sake of it.
Precisely. Kone normally covers for him. And in a way Kirchoff. Both were poor v Chelsea. And as a result so was Yedlin.

He was bad. Kone covers for him

Of course he does, so does Kerchoff......that's how a defensive unit in a modern football team works. Fullbacks are expected to be an attacking threat and the responsibility falls on other players to drop in when they bomb forward.

I honestly think people on here would rather we signed a John Kay/Phil Bardsley replica.

Precisely. Kone normally covers for him. And in a way Kirchoff. Both were poor v Chelsea. And as a result so was Yedlin.

I thought the fullbacks did well, they set up the 2 goals that basically kept us in the league!

Of course he does, so does Kerchoff......that's how a defensive unit in a modern football team works. Fullbacks are expected to be an attacking threat and the responsibility falls on other players to drop in when they bomb forward.

I honestly think people on here would rather we signed a John Kay/Phil Bardsley replica.

Phil Bardsley was a hell of a lot better footballer than John Kay like, and a premier league full back his whole career. Agree with the rest.

Of course they cover for him when he makes a forward run. Thats just football.

I'm on about them covering him when he's called upon defensively, in defensive positions. He has Kone next to him / behind him to paper over his positioning and poor jockeying of an attacking player.

Which one was he to blame for :confused::confused:

Did you watch the match?

Just to clarify he didn't set up the winner, you are actually saying that?

Good old @Uromastyx :lol::lol::lol:

:confused: I am not a huge fan of Yedlin, but this is not true, Big Sam took Kone off because he was struggling.

He just doesn't seemingly like me, so will disagree with anything I say for the sake of it.

Yes I did watch the match and via a deflection, he did assist the winner. But, we are talking about his defensive contribution to the game. He steamed in on both occasions where a more reserved approach would have been more suitable. I do not disagree with everything you say. You speak some sense sometimes but others, you are way off the mark. It is nothing personal.

Yes I did watch the match and via a deflection, he did assist the winner. But, we are talking about his defensive contribution to the game. He steamed in on both occasions where a more reserved approach would have been more suitable. I do not disagree with everything you say. You speak some sense sometimes but others, you are way off the mark. It is nothing personal.
And via a close-range, fortuitous ricochet, the 1st Chelsea goal was scored. Therefore, if his responsibility for assisting the winning goal is questionable because an attempt to clear his cross failed, then his responsibility for the concession of the 1st is non-existent.

Said it before he's improving all the time and has pace to burn, he's been part of a pretty decent defensive unit for the last couple of months so I'd have him full-time no problem, can't see why anyone wouldn't tbh, if it ain't broke don't fix it......

We don't have time to nurture yedlin. we need a quality right back this summer, yedlin may be that in a few years but the squad needs instant improvement . Yedlin at the moment is just an OK fullback. Imo of course.

I wouldn't mind signing him but think we could get better, if we could get him as well for cover that would be ideal. Not sure how much Sam fancies him, are people forgetting we signed a 32-year-old Eboue who hadn't played for 18 months at one point? Not something you do if you have complete confidence in your right back options.

Wow only 4 in 2016 :eek: Didn't realise that. Imagine what we will be like when Sam has a Summer transfer window to make it his squad.

4 in the league aye, they were tough games as well City and Leicester at home, West Ham and Spurs away. Think the starting 11 at the moment is a decent premier league team hopefully a few more additions over the summer and we'll have a good season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back