Bring back 2 pts for a win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah absolutely so we have the same champions, the same top four and the same bottom three - except we have moved up a couple of places - what a f***ing idiot

divint kna man,if we'd won another two games under that system we'd have finished tenth ya kna

But Jimmy Hill's a **** though...
A twat he may be, but he has changed a lot about football in the UK for the better:

He has a reputation as an all-round innovator in football: as well as helping to get rid of the maximum wage, he commissioned the first all-seater stadium, lifted a ban on media interviews, Introduced the first electronic scoreboard in 1964, the first colour matchday programme and in 1965 the first to show a live match via CCTV on four giant screens at Coventry.[10] He has been credited with the introduction of the 3 points for a win system, pioneered by The Football Association in 1981.[11] He was also credited with the idea of using the first panel of football pundits for the 1970 World Cup.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Hill#Footballing_legacy

I would do completely the opposite.

5 or even 10 points for a win.

Teams setting out to grind a 0-0 with a hope of maybe nicking a goal from a set piece is destroying the entertainment value of the game.

It's been so much better to watch in thr last few games when sides have had to go for the win.

That was the point of changing it from 2 to 3 points. Never worked. I remember watching games years ago where the defenders would pass it back to the keep....backwards and forwards it went to waste as much time as possible.

Revised league table with 2 points for a win! We need to bring this back!

Position under 2 PTS
1 Chelsea 61
2 Manchester City 55
3 Arsenal 53
4 Manchester United 50
5 Tottenham Hotspur 45
6 Liverpool 44
7 Southampton 42
8 Swansea City 40
9 Stoke City 39
10 Everton 35
11 West Ham United 35
12 Crystal Palace 35
13 West Bromwich Albion 33
14 Sunderland 31
15 Leicester City 30
16 Newcastle United 29
17 Aston Villa 28
18 Hull City 27
19 Burnley 26
20 Queens Park Rangers 22
we should definitely not be rewarded for the amount of draws we got this season. 2 points for a win encourages duller football. I'd sooner push it up to 4 tbh

Why not go the whole hog and make overhead kicks/headers worth 2 goals, with no shots from outside the area allowed unless they are volleys?

Nil Nil is an acceptable outcome for a match. Although I have been a bit uneasy about a game being worth either 2 or 3 points. On balance though I think I'd probably leave it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back