Black Cats Bar - no tart up

Just moved x 3 season cards up to the PC from the North stand. Thing is, if the club hadn’t handed the BCB over to the Saudi’s and actually made it an attractive proposition I’d have probably paid the extra to go in there.

No idea why they can’t even make the effort for our own over a season when they rolled out the red carpet for the scum in a cup game?!
8 of us considered an identical move but were concerned that it might be a bit sparce up there for a fair few games next season. Hope it works out for yous. 👍

The service in the Black Cats Bar is absolutely horrendous at the minute.
It’s horrendous in the boxes too.

Got a family friend who has one, we get invited in usually once or twice per season, the odd game he doesn’t have any business demand for it.

Was in for the QPR game and the service was abysmal, for a private box. Full of kids serving who are inadequately trained or prepared (not their fault), food late and cold, and other things.

As I said, go in at least once a season and have done for just over about ten years now. Compared to what it used to be, they are very poor by corporate standards now.

I’ve gone massively off topic I know, but if that decrease in levels of service is reflected in Quinn’s and the BCB then no idea what the pull towards those is.

Got a family friend who has one, we get invited in usually once or twice per season, the odd game he doesn’t have any business demand for it.

Was in for the QPR game and the service was abysmal, for a private box. Full of kids serving who are inadequately trained or prepared (not their fault), food late and cold, and other things.

As I said, go in at least once a season and have done for just over about ten years now. Compared to what it used to be, they are very poor by corporate standards now.

I’ve gone massively off topic I know, but if that decrease in levels of service is reflected in Quinn’s and the BCB then no idea what the pull towards those is.
It’s marginally better in Quinn’s
But not by much

Completely agree. The food is absolutely shite. Doesn't have to be gourmet, just edible would suffice.

It’s marginally better in Quinn’s
But not by much
£1,600 or whatever it is a season to stand in a packed, boiling bar where you have to pay for (a very limited selection of drinks) and a seat on the half way line, which you could get for a third of the price in the lower blocks just below (behind each of the dugouts).

Not for me like. Each to their own mind.
Completely agree. The food is absolutely shite. Doesn't have to be gourmet, just edible would suffice.
Agreed.

Honestly shocked how bad they have became now.

Last edited:
I don’t get the fascination with the BCB bar like.

Like you say, there’s plenty of better bars and food options in the town.
I think one bloke on here said his Father needs it for the lift which is fair enough but I don't understand the fascination with paying extra £££ for a below average pint cos it's in the stadium like. Maybe there's more to it than I know

I think one bloke on here said his Father needs it for the lift which is fair enough but I don't understand the fascination with paying extra £££ for a below average pint cos it's in the stadium like. Maybe there's more to it than I know
For me i don't like the town or packed pubs etc, and like to be at the ground looking out over the pitch and watching the stadium fill up. Also handy to let the crowds die down afterwards before leaving but being able to stay in warmth. I couldn't justify quinns at double the price, especially when it's in a darkish room with no view out to the pitch.
The experience could and should be better but it's been neglected over the years. It is becoming very hard to justify it though with out any changes

Last edited:

I'm similar. I couldn't do the upper tier without a lift, and I need step free, or virtually step-free access. Back row of the BCB is absolutely perfect for me.

Given the mags carry on I’m amazed anyone wants to be in the bcb. Couldn’t stomach it myself but we have quite a few people happy to be trodden over in our supporter base I suppose.

It’s not a question of being happy to be trodden on. I’ve explained why the BCB works for my family and doubtless others are the same.
Any of the floors in the PC
Still stairs up to the bowl though, no?

For me i don't like the town or packed pubs etc, and like to be at the ground looking out over the pitch and watching the stadium fill up. Also handy to let the crowds die down afterwards before leaving but being able to stay in warmth. I couldn't justify quinns at double the price, especially when it's in a darkish room with no view out to the pitch.
The experience could and should be better but it's been neglected over the years. It is becoming very hard to justify it though with out any changes
Are you me? Fully agree with all of this.

not strictly true.....I've heard @Forrest Gump will be the new greeter/fluffer. If that's not a glow up, I dinnar what is.

Much as I'd like it to be better presented, and let's be honest it's well overdue, I'm ok with it being what it is, and still appreciate the poorly ran bar, vintage hand driers and inclusive programme that never gets read.

Since they sacked off the meal included, I don't have the obligation to get in early, and as such spend more time in the town and lucky if I get in there for a swift one beforehand.....that's helped by my eldest who I go with being of drinking age and enjoying the pre-match in Isis, Peacock, Keel T, Vaux etc....although when she wasn't we'd spend a lot more time in there pre-match.

Renewed as soon as the notification came out.

Last edited:

The first time I’ve seen inside one of our boxes was when we were setting up for the mags game and I couldn’t believe how small they are.

upgraded me and the bairn to BCB in January .

Main reason was access to a proper toilet . Some idiot proper barged past us at a match earlier this season and knocked him on the floor and put him right off wanting to go

Only been in this season so can't compare to other years but found the service so far to be half decent , plenty of people on serving

I doubt the BCB is even on the list for work to be done tbh. The absolute priority is the proper hospitality, then addressing the issues in the rest of the stadium.

If the BCB does get a revamp, I suspect it’s 3-4 years away - and that’s based on the club not just doing away with it

Back