Biggest let down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was dragged to a TLC gig in 1990/91, i seemed to be the only white lad in there, the black lads were fighting in lumps before the gig. I can honestly say, i didn't really get into the music, i was on edge for for 2 hours, didn't dare go the bogs or the bar. At the end when everyone was giving it the "One more", i was probably half way home.

Joe Cocker at Lincoln festival, about 1971 i guess it was. the headline act on a three day event. first time back in England after the mad dogs tour..he was so stoned he could hardly stand on stage.

Rest of the weekend was brilliant mind..

Posted it on here last year in its own thread. Motley Crue were very poor. Only gig I've ever left before the end. On the plus side, Alice Cooper was the support act and he was excellent.

Kiss at Donnington in 88, pretty much got booed off stage, f***ing dreadful, Maiden were headline and were fantastic.
Saw Kiss last year. Best live act I've ever seen

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Maroon 5 (support Matchbox 20) at Wembley Arena before they were really known.

"These are shit & will never make it"

They remained shit, but became one of the biggest pop bands around about six months later.
Surely they'd already made it if they're play Wembley Arena? That's a big gig.

For me, Happy Monday's & Neil Young

Probably Ryan Adams at the Live Theatre, it wasn't that he was bad just nee craic and looked totally uninterested, had high hopes anarl as it was just a little acoustic set with a hundred or so people, should have been great.

Lady Gaga supporting Take That at Wembley. A Take That crowd is not exactly a tough one but she was booed she was so bad.

Blink 182 Nottingham around 2003. They are known for not being the best live band around but always have good craic. Turned up played a 30 min set never said 2 words and fucked off were utter gash too.

Built To Spill.

One of my favourite bands on records, saw them in Newcastle supporting Dinosaur Jr. They were awful.

Gave them the benefit of the doubt and went to see them at a festival the following summer, and they were equally if not more shite.

Touch wood, I've never been to a crap gig.....
Even Guns n' Roses in about 2002 was ok....although the highlight was a massive punch up in the crowd...

Actually yeh the gig was pretty crap on reflection...

Probably Ryan Adams at the Live Theatre, it wasn't that he was bad just nee craic and looked totally uninterested, had high hopes anarl as it was just a little acoustic set with a hundred or so people, should have been great.
Seen him three times, and I've never been completely satisfied with his gigs, for the reasons you list. First time I saw him I left after about 20 minutes, he was self indulgent as fuck, ten minute jams on obscure album tracks right from the off

Harry Connick at NCH. Tool thought he could play bass guitar and sing funk, jazz, shite. 1600 capacity, less than 800 left by the end. Arrogant american fuckwit who thought he was better than he was.
I was there and I kept thinking the big band will come on soon and plays some classic hits .... They didn't in fact he didn't play one old song that night pretentious ass

Went to see Maximo Park a couple of year ago at the Academy in Newcastle and they were boring as fuck. I'm not a big fan but their first couple of albums were great. They weren't bad, just dull. Couldn't wait for it to end.

Think I ended up seeing them three times that year. They didn't get any better.

I saw Wolf Alice a few times last year as well, they were brilliant but changed their sound and set after their album release with their last gig being pretty dull n'all.

Not a music gig, but I went to see Eddie Izzard. He was rubbish.

I was a bit disappointed when I went to see him live. It was in the MEN and it was mostly empty which didn't help. I say mostly empty, it was just way too big for his show.

I was really disappointed when I won tickets to see The Fratellis. I got the train down to London from Manchester for it. They rushed through every song, I got a warm can of Kronemberg and they spent less than an hour on stage.
Twats.

Posted it on here last year in its own thread. Motley Crue were very poor. Only gig I've ever left before the end. On the plus side, Alice Cooper was the support act and he was excellent.

Saw Kiss last year. Best live act I've ever seen

Must have upped their game in the last 28 years then :lol:

I always remember the crowd shouting "piss piss piss" they were woeful..

Saw Van “the Man” Morrison once and thought he was brilliant.

Saw him on two other occasions – he walked off stage early on our second visit and we walked out on him on our third.

Now I just shop at Morrison’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back