Biggest let down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_Bone

Striker
Thought Shaun 61 's thread about first live gigs was great, so copied it a bit, ever been to see an act that really let you down ?
Turned out to be crap ?

No one famous, but a "tribute" (insult) act of T-rex. This bloke came on in T shirt n jeans, with a belly Big Daddy would hav been proud of and a balding head, and tried to pretend he was Marc Bolan.

Of known names, the worst was PJ Proby just last year - still amazed he managed the full set without oxygen being supplied. No more has been acts for us, it's just depressing :D

I didn't have any expectations and only went along because my mate said they were good but I fell asleep watching Fleet Foxes. I hadn't even been drinking.
Twiddly Dee f***ing nonsense.

Barclay James Harvest at the Empire around 90-91
Saw them in the 70s when prog was at its pomp.
In the 90s Jeez what a boring gig. Walked out after they did Mocking Bird half an hour into their set.

Thought Shaun 61 's thread about first live gigs was great, so copied it a bit, ever been to see an act that really let you down ?
Turned out to be crap ?
Sting in Japan. Paid a fortune for tickets - stripped down band, no chick singers and he had a sore throat so did a short set with few vocals. A refund should have been given but the polite Japs just applauded.

I saw The Christians a few years ago and they decided to do an acoustic set but Gary Christian's voice had gone.
What a waste of a night that was. Love their albums though.

Clapton in Hong Kong, did not seem at all bothered to be there playing to a full house.
Shocked !

Saw happy Mondays support oasis years ago. Bloody hell were they bad. I know I sound like an old bugger but it was just noise.
I seen them at bolton stadium probs on same tour. Dreadful.

Best gig was at independent for the zutons. 300 people, band was great and atmospher was equivalent to coming off stage at a performance (played in bands for years). Never experienced anything like it for watching a band

Deep Purple in Singapore. Had seen them previously and rated them but this was without Gillan and was crap. Blackmore walked off the stage at one point and didn't seem like he wanted to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back