Ban on lorries in London

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like the cyclist was speeding up aye

Mind you the cyclist is an actor as is the lorry driver so neither are really at fault here

Even if a lorry was overtaking you - rightly or wrongly - the common sense thing to do is to hang back and let it get on with it so the advert does have a point.

Completely understandable though. If some weaselly little bell was goading me saying he's going to report me, telling me I've not got my seatbelt on and he's going to put my on youtube I think forcibly insert the camera up his hoop like.

You wouldn't though cos you're soft as shite.

I'm sick of following psycholists riding 5 and 6 abreast whilst talking bike shite to each other on our undulating bending roads . I recently folowed 5 of the cumts doing just that up a long 1 in 4 hill with an hgv and 7 cars behind them . Selfish bastards .

Ok I'm sorry for saying cyclists are bells. As posted it can be a bit annoying driving with cyclists on the road and I fear for their safety. Oh and their hats look silly.

Sensible thing, I cycle 10 miles to work most days, if a lorry wants past then it gets past - I'll not worry myself with the intricacies of the Highway Code - I'd just prefer to not put myself at risk and live.
There is a black BMW with a nice cleat shape dent in the door knocking about Southwark after the idiot overtook and turned across me

Re-write the Highway code to include more cyclist safety and make everyone who takes to the road sign to say they have read and understood it. How many people did the HC over 10 years ago? The roads are a lot different since then and obviously people are not using the roads as safely as they could because they just haven't had the training.

Is there a reaonable argument to make lorries left hand drive? After all the drivers are much higher up in their cabs than a car driver, so there's much less advantage to being in the centre of the road as the field of vision is much wider. I'm sure a lot of bin lorries are lhd to protect pefestrians.

Is there a reaonable argument to make lorries left hand drive? After all the drivers are much higher up in their cabs than a car driver, so there's much less advantage to being in the centre of the road as the field of vision is much wider. I'm sure a lot of bin lorries are lhd to protect pefestrians.
Like your thinking there. What about lorries always having a passenger for safety reasons.

Like your thinking there. What about lorries always having a passenger for safety reasons.

As with everything, the problem is cost. Of course the cyclists need to remember that they aren't above the laws of the road and lorry drivers need to be more aware of their size.

As with everything, the problem is cost. Of course the cyclists need to remember that they aren't above the laws of the road and lorry drivers need to be more aware of their size.
Are you saying they should eat less?

360 degree cameras is the way forward.

My mate has a licence required to drive bin wagons etc. He is working for Unipres currently driving really simple trucks on a planned route from Unipres to Nissan, easy and familiar.

He got put on bin wagons in Morpeth during shut down and said he didn't have a clue how to drive a bin wagon, couldn't judge the length and width, couldn't reverse or park it and was sent out on the streets with zero training. Damaged two cars in two weeks.

Yep, love filtering in traffic. Quite funny watching motorists seething about it, as you say what bother does it cause, especially when done correctly.
There's a reason that most major junctions these days have the box at the front for cyclists.
Is it because most cyclists these days seem to have crap brakes and that if those spaces weren't there then the cyclists would end up stopping in the middle of the pedestrian crossing thereby blocking said pedestrians' route across the intersection?

You're correct. A lot of drivers ignore that though. I've had one driver who was part on/part off the crossing pull up close enough to the vehicle in front that there wasn't room for a pedestrian between the vehicles after he saw me press the button.
Walk over his bonnet, he'll soon stop the practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back