Ban on lorries in London

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye, looking at the article, HGVs were responsible for 23% of pedestrian fatalities and 58% of cyclist fatalities in London over the past two years but only cover 4% of the miles driven. The move is generally with the aim of promoting safety rather than banning lorries.

Cyclists should get a licence.

All HGV's in the capital will require full length doors for visibility and 360 camera systems to protect pedestrians and cyclists.

And what have the cyclists done to improve things?

In Greater London between 2005-2015 there were 37,760 adult cyclists injured whilst riding a bike.

4640 casualties which involved a goods vehicle.

Of 140(!) fatalities in total

63 fatalities
613 serious injuries
3964 slight injuries

Involved goods vehicles

45% of London's cyclists fatalities involve lorries of some sort by my working there

But how many were the fault the cyclist and how many were the fault of the lorry driver. There is always the assumption that any accident involving a cyclist is 100% the fault of the other party.

In Greater London between 2005-2015 there were 37,760 adult cyclists injured whilst riding a bike.

4640 casualties which involved a goods vehicle.

Of 140(!) fatalities in total

63 fatalities
613 serious injuries
3964 slight injuries

Involved goods vehicles

45% of London's cyclists fatalities involve lorries of some sort by my working there
All involve cyclists

My solution

Ban cycling

I was rooting for the fella in the car all the way through that video.
They're both arse holes imo. The cyclist is a bellend going on like a f***ing jobsworth and goading the bloke in the car, the bloke in the car just needed to simply drive away but showed zero self control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back