Ban on lorries in London

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're both arse holes imo. The cyclist is a bellend going on like a f***ing jobsworth and goading the blood in the car, the blood in the car just needed to simply drive away but showed zero self control

Completely understandable though. If some weaselly little bell was goading me saying he's going to report me, telling me I've not got my seatbelt on and he's going to put my on youtube I think forcibly insert the camera up his hoop like.

Completely understandable though. If some weaselly little bell was goading me saying he's going to report me, telling me I've not got my seatbelt on and he's going to put my on youtube I think forcibly insert the camera up his hoop like.
Autocorrect changed bloke to blood so must have known it was a London based video. Still man, got to know with people like that that by not engaging you take away and power they have

What sort of a person allows themselves to get digged and then responds by saying "i've just been assaulted. You've assaulted me and i'm going to report you"?

It's like he wanted to to be hit and had no intention of defending himself.

But how many were the fault the cyclist and how many were the fault of the lorry driver. There is always the assumption that any accident involving a cyclist is 100% the fault of the other party.

That data is from the forms that attending police officers fill in at the time of the accident. Who is at fault is not always apparent and so either isn't recorded or isn't included on the database I retrieve that information from.

I would expect that a lot of the issues are due to multiple faults from both parties, cyclists placing themselves in danger and drivers of goods vehicles not carrying out adequate checks

The most common factors in crashes on the roads are failures to observe other traffic, judge other traffic and keep adequate control of the vehicle

What sort of a person allows themselves to get digged and then responds by saying "i've just been assaulted. You've assaulted me and i'm going to report you"?

It's like he wanted to to be hit and had no intention of defending himself.
Who takes a camera out on their bike anyway? Looks to me like you're actively searching for some sort of bother so you can show it on your shitty gopro

Who takes a camera out on their bike anyway? Looks to me like you're actively searching for some sort of bother so you can show it on your shitty gopro

I honestly believe that to be true. He noted the bloke's reg, all he had to do was go and report him. He f***ing chased him through the streets and had a pop at him ffs. f***ing hell I desperately wanted to see him get a pasting like.

The lorry companies will be spending a fortune upgrading all their safety gear. Cyclists will still jump red lights, and ignore the audible warnings on the vehicle.
Only right.

But the cyclists need to take some responsibility too with considerate riding, reflective and protective gear as well as the councils with proper cycle lanes etc.

The most common factors in crashes on the roads are failures to observe other traffic, judge other traffic and keep adequate control of the vehicle

Cyclists need to learn to queue in traffic like the rest of us. Darting up the inside, trying to nip in to any gap that opens up in slow moving traffic etc cause alot of their own bother.

That's called filtering. And it causes zero bother. The only bother is motorists not bothering with mirrors in those situations

A motorist is turning right at a junction, there is a slight pausing in turning right as is turning in to slowing moving traffic. Cyclist decides to nip along and turn right as well on the inside (in the same lane) of motorist who is currently slowly turning right. Should the cylclist not wait his/her turn to turn right with the rest of the queue.

See this all the time when im driving in Newcastle city centre.

A motorist is turning right at a junction, there is a slight pausing in turning right as is turning in to slowing moving traffic. Cyclist decides to nip along and turn right as well on the inside (in the same lane) of motorist who is currently slowly turning right. Should the cylclist not wait his/her turn to turn right with the rest of the queue.

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson

POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR

That's called filtering. And it causes zero bother. The only bother is motorists not bothering with mirrors in those situations

Yep, love filtering in traffic. Quite funny watching motorists seething about it, as you say what bother does it cause, especially when done correctly.
There's a reason that most major junctions these days have the box at the front for cyclists.

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson

POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just think that everyone needs to respect each other on the road.

Motorists & lorry drivers should have respect and consideration for cyclists. But cyclists need to give the same back in my opinion, and not play wacky races darting in and around everywhere and using "well you should have checked your mirrors" as an excuse for everything, as funnily enough when people are in a queue of traffic crawling along they dont check mirrors as much as when going along dual carriageway at 50mph

Very specific example there but why not if there's space enough

Very specific example there but why not if there's space enough

Becasue there isnt space, once the car turns right and the cyclsit hasnt made the gap in the time he thought he would, it all kicks off "why didnt you look in your mirrors mate you twat" etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back