Auschwitz 70 Years On.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narraback

Striker
We've not really learned anything as a species have we? There have been genocides since, and no doubt there will be more in the future. Imagine what ISIS or Al Qaeda would do if they could industrialise murder like the Nazis did?

We've not really learned anything as a species have we? There have been genocides since, and no doubt there will be more in the future. Imagine what ISIS or Al Qaeda would do if they could industrialise murder like the Nazis did?
They're trying their best! The footage on C4 the other night at Belsen was horrific :(

Was sat on the wooden seat outside on the left of the train entrance of Berkenau 3 months ago, just thinking and thinking

That's a scary thought, marra... scary and sad...

Apart from the Balkans, we've not really had a war in Europe since, so at least we've learned something.

its a strange place to visit-I defy anyone to visit and not have a ''thinking moment''

I thought about the place for months after, thinking about if that was me, the wife and kids

Seeing all the kids stuff in Auschwitz was bad, walking down towards the gas chambers in Birkenau was horrible with all the pictures of family's walking the same route

Great documentary on Netflix, very very moving. I plan on visiting Auschwitz one of these days, I've got tears in my eyes when reading stories or watching program's on it, I'd hate to think what state I'd be in when I'm actually there.

Great documentary on Netflix, very very moving. I plan on visiting Auschwitz one of these days, I've got tears in my eyes when reading stories or watching program's on it, I'd hate to think what state I'd be in when I'm actually there.

I`m going this summer. I thought I had seen and read just about everything about the Holocaust but the documentary Night Will Fall opened up a whole new level of brutality. The images were truly sickening and how ordinary, civilised people could get swept along with this is a stark reminder about how close we are to barbarity when the thin veil of civilisation is lifted.

Listening to the Nicky Campbell phone in on 5Live this morning and one of his first calls was a holocaust denier. We'll never learn our lessons as long as we have goons like that on the planet.
We met up with Normandy Veterans every month. There`s 3 or 4 left now in the group and one of the men was at Belsen and said what he saw gave him nightmares for years. Anyone denying that this happened is an absolute fool.

I`m going this summer. I thought I had seen and read just about everything about the Holocaust but the documentary Night Will Fall opened up a whole new level of brutality. The images were truly sickening and how ordinary, civilised people could get swept along with this is a stark reminder about how close we are to barbarity when the thin veil of civilisation is lifted.
It's hard to believe that a previously civilised society could do this to fellow human beings until you realise it has happened, on a somewhat smaller scale, in other places.
Obscene!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back