Arguements against sacking Poyet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoy it. If you don't, you'll get another chance in about twelve months.
Yes you'll still be here blaming the better more consistent players for making poorer players perform badly. The example of playing to a higher standard than the rest is clearly a bad thing.

What a weird and bizarre way to think.

Simply because sacking ANOTHER manger will be proven to not work again.

We need to stick to something long term. The old way simply doesn't work. We'll be here again in 12 months time.

I'm not going to spend half my life regurgitating the same list of players. They were named yesterday on another thread. The very fact that everyone wants to pretend they don't know who we're talking about sums the whole thing up. It's decided - it's all the manager's fault and the idea anyone else could be involved is too troublesome to think about. The hive mind has spoken and round we go again, none the wiser as to the real problem. Roll on twelve months time when we do all this again.

Did it yesterday. Now scuttle off and stick me on ignore as per usual.

:lol: you can't do it can you, good to see you getting plenty of abuse off others anyway

Yes you'll still be here blaming the better more consistent players for making poorer players perform badly. The example of playing to a higher standard than the rest is clearly a bad thing.

What a weird and bizarre way to think.

Not when 'better' and 'more consistent' simply means below average. When your 'best' players are allowed such a large amount of off days those the example they set is that it's ok to do so.

It's not nearly as bizarre as taking changes of formation, statements to the press about being more attacking, and going berserk on the touchline to mean Poyet is happy with the static, lazy, negative way we play.

Instead we'll try a fifth manager, and when the same problems appear a sixth (12 months later). Nobody will get us on an upward curve, all they're doing is trying to reduce the rate of descent.

:lol: you can't do it can you, good to see you getting plenty of abuse off others anyway

I can take it. You put people on ignore and run away.

Have a word with yourself man. Look at his f***ing team selections.

I'm not defending Poyet. I'm making the point that our recruitment policy doesn't match our manager. That has been the case since Bruce's second year in charge.

Unless our recruitment policy changes, we need to bring in a manager who's happy to polish turds, forget about cup runs and scrap survival each season.

One eye on next week which is a huge game.

Players aren't good enough.

Playing with 10-men for a fair chunk of the game.

Getting rid of a manager every 2 years gets you nowhere.

The players he signed or gave new deals to?

You find a formation that works if you don't have the right players.

He isn't in charge of player recruitment.

We keep on placing the blame for our problems at the manager's door. When do we start asking questions of the wider system? We keep on changing managers and ending up at the same place. That tells me that the problem is senior decision-making and penny-pinching. That goes for both player and manager recruitment btw.

Our board is way more subtle about it, but there's little difference between Short and Ashley's running of the clubs. Buy cheap, sell whenever we can, let the manager take all the blame, exist solely to take TV revenue.

We keep on placing the blame for our problems at the manager's door. When do we start asking questions of the wider system? We keep on changing managers and ending up at the same place. That tells me that the problem is senior decision-making and penny-pinching. That goes for both player and manager recruitment btw.

Our board is way more subtle about it, but there's little difference between Short and Ashley's running of the clubs. Buy cheap, sell whenever we can, let the manager take all the blame, exist solely to take TV revenue.

I really don't think a lot of people know this still.

He might not be in charge as such, but who's idea was Briductt, Buckley and Scocco?
These signings suggest he does have some say.
And if he is responsible, I remain unconvinced he knows a player.

Poyet is often quick to say how our players need to adapt. He doesn't mention his need to adapt, to the Premier League or to us.

I am not for sacking him, but at the moment he would make a better poster on here than he would as our manager.

He might not be in charge as such, but who's idea was Briductt, Buckley and Scocco?
These signings suggest he does have some say.
And if he is responsible, I remain unconvinced he knows a player.

They all fit within the club's buying policy - they were relatively cheap.

If he'd insisted on a £20 million player would we have signed him? No. He'd have been offered a cut price alternative or nothing.

They all fit within the club's buying policy - they were relatively cheap.

If he'd insisted on a £20 million player would we have signed him? No. He'd have been offered a cut price alternative or nothing.

But they were certainly his ideas.

He needs to go. I really don't want to sack another manager, I know hes hampered in terms of players coming in and I have no idea who to replace him with, but he just isnt up to it and hes failing to utilise what he has at his disposal. We need a plan, but we need him gone.

But they were certainly his ideas.

Easy ideas to go along with from the recruitment point of view, and probably suggested by him when presented with other cut price players of a similar type. He was always going to go with lads who had done well for him previously.

Easy ideas to go along with from the recruitment point of view, and probably suggested by him when presented with other cut price players of a similar type. He was always going to go with lads who had done well for him previously.

Which in turn suggests he doesnt know a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back