Anyone get on other clubs message boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a bit of perspective compare out current XI to those who started the Fulham game;

Westwood- Manonne is better
Celustka- Jones is better
Colback- Van Aarnholdt should be better at left back though I don't actually know
O'Shea- O'Shea is probably lost some more pace
Valentin- Brown is better but even if it's Roberge he should've improved
Cabral- I'm better, anyone's better
Larsson- Cattermole is better
Johnson-Gomez or Larsson should be better in the role he played that day
Giaccherini- Should've improved
Altidore- Fletcher is infinitely better
Sessegnon- Johnson, depends which one of each I'm comparing. But not alot in it

You sit in front of Roy Keane?
This bloke makes Keano look as miserable as Kris Akabusi.

For a bit of perspective compare out current XI to those who started the Fulham game;

Westwood- Manonne is better
Celustka- Jones is better
Colback- Van Aarnholdt should be better at left back though I don't actually know
O'Shea- O'Shea has probably lost some more pace
Valentin- Brown is better but even if it's Roberge he should've improved
Cabral- I'm better, anyone's better
Larsson- Cattermole is better
Johnson-Gomez or Larsson should be better in the role he played that day
Giaccherini- Should've improved
Altidore- Fletcher is infinitely better
Sessegnon- Johnson, depends which one of each I'm comparing. But not alot in it

You sit in front of Roy Keane?
Poor comparison as the window hadn't shut, a fair comparison is the team that finished the season.

A lot of anger towards Les Reed on the Southampton boards
Bill Kenwright doesn't get off too lightly on Everton forums
Some United fans are still bitter about the Glazers
The Mags think Ashley is an embarrasment

I can honestly say i have no idea why some people bother supporting Sunderland as they clearly garner no pleasure from it.

I wouldn't bother meself like but each to their own.

this is what constantly baffles me...a section of our fans seem to hate the fact they have to support Sundelrand. Why do something you dont like? why keep going, why keep moaning? Just find somethign else that actually makes you happy and feel better about yourself!

Poor comparison as the window hadn't shut, a fair comparison is the team that finished the season.
This window hasn't shut either.

If we're comparing the team that ended the season we're comparing a team that won 4 out of 5 games including away wins at Man Utd and Chelsea. Surely there's nowt to worry about then?

this is what constantly baffles me...a section of our fans seem to hate the fact they have to support Sundelrand. Why do something you dont like? why keep going, why keep moaning? Just find somethign else that actually makes you happy and feel better about yourself!
It's mental like. :lol:

This window hasn't shut either.

If we're comparing the team that ended the season we're comparing a team that won 4 out of 5 games including away wins at Man Utd and Chelsea. Surely there's nowt to worry about then?
The comparison is just irrelevant to me.

That squad played together from Jan onwards not just those final games and our current squad is weaker.

I don't think the team is as bad as everyone makes out to be honest, we need more depth but our first choice 11 would give most teams a run for their money. Especially is Poyet has now figured out his system which seemed to happen towards the end of the season.
Obviously any injuries or suspensions especially to Brown or O'Shea and we're fucked though.

Assuming the following we have a decent first XI:

- Jones and PVA are up to it
- Gomez and Bridcutt are going to be up to it
- Giaccherini has acclimatised to English football by now and can play in Borini's old position
- Fletcher is back to form and fitness
- Wickham is going to pick up where he left off
- Brown and O'Shea are going to be fit and play as well as they did at their best last season

A lot of ifs and no plan B. It would make a huge difference if we could get two decent defenders and a good wide forward in. ASAP for those, a couple more signings could follow right up until deadline day.

Do the fans on there seek out individuals in a club, such as Lee Congerton, and try to destroy them?
I do understand people's concerns and also hate the term bed wetter. But it is not as easy as people think to get players in. We have been shite for 50 years and our name in the game is not good.
AS IT STANDS, I feel this squad is bottom 3, maybe even bottom 2. But let's give Congerton a chance first.
Such is the life of a football fan, next week I will be screaming for his head

Newcastle complained non-stop about Joe Kinnear.

So far, based on results alone, the performance of Congerton has been poor and it has undermined our pre-season preparations......I don't see how anyone, bed-wetter or happy-clapper, could claim otherwise. Our situation is parlous and the season hasn't even started

Do the fans on there seek out individuals in a club, such as Lee Congerton, and try to destroy them?
I do understand people's concerns and also hate the term bed wetter. But it is not as easy as people think to get players in. We have been shite for 50 years and our name in the game is not good.
AS IT STANDS, I feel this squad is bottom 3, maybe even bottom 2. But let's give Congerton a chance first.

I'd wager that not many of the fans posting anti-congo., anti-SAFC stuff have lived through the dark days of supporting SAFC... The new breed just have no patience!

Every single fan has his/her dream about what they want their club to be and achieve.

If they can't see any progress towards their dream the natural reaction of most is to turn on the club and/or individuals at the club. This gets worse when it continues season after season (as in SAFC case) and eventually turns to frustration, anger, insults and in some cases a total lack of interest.

Over the 52 years I've supported the Lads I can count on one hand the number of times I've been chuffed about what we've achieved.

Why do I keep on supporting them? Fuck knows!! You tell me.
Really? I'm chuffed when we win any game. I've been chuffed with the team at some draws and losses too.

If Congers does come on here, and I very much doubt that he does, he'd probably laugh at the bed wetting and knee jerking.

The various WUMs and fannys used to wind me up but most of the time I find it hilarious.

Anyhoo, here's my tuppence worth.

We had a shit opening half of the season but finished strongly. Our rivals knicked one of our youth products (boo hoo) and so far we've not strengthened all of the squad (gnash gnash go the teeth). Borini is hanging out for the best deal (over goes the rope) and some Atletico reserve has given us the finger (better slash the wrists as well)

It's the same every year.

The final squad will not be known until the end of August and that goes for all 20 Prem clubs.

Get a grip people, pleeeeease!

Assuming the following we have a decent first XI:

- Jones and PVA are up to it
- Gomez and Bridcutt are going to be up to it
- Giaccherini has acclimatised to English football by now and can play in Borini's old position
- Fletcher is back to form and fitness
- Wickham is going to pick up where he left off
- Brown and O'Shea are going to be fit and play as well as they did at their best last season

A lot of ifs and no plan B. It would make a huge difference if we could get two decent defenders and a good wide forward in. ASAP for those, a couple more signings could follow right up until deadline day.
Jones has been good enough the last few years so don't see why that would change, but I agree with the other points. Not as doom and gloom as people make out though.

Welcome to the Internet. The feel good factor from the League Cup finally over. Give it 3/4 months and there will be a Gus out thread

Newcastle complained non-stop about Joe Kinnear.

So far, based on results alone, the performance of Congerton has been poor and it has undermined our pre-season preparations......I don't see how anyone, bed-wetter or happy-clapper, could claim otherwise. Our situation is parlous and the season hasn't even started

What aspect of Congerton's performance has been poor in your view?

Get on the Southampton board mate, I suspect the focusing upon individuals isn't a Sunderland specific phenom

The comparison is just irrelevant to me.

That squad played together from Jan onwards not just those final games and our current squad is weaker.
Is it really that much weaker?
Apart from the loan players we've only lost Bardsley, Gardner and Colback who you'd consider around the first team.
We've already replaced Bardsley with Jones and N'Diaye certainly can't be considered any worse than Gardner.

Other forums are just as bad as this. Been looking on southampton forum recently and the celtic forum I browse is also full of bedwetters blaming the tight lawell.

Other forums are just as bad as this. Been looking on southampton forum recently and the celtic forum I browse is also full of bedwetters blaming the tight lawell.
To be fair to the Celtic fans the manager did walk out because all his players are being sold out from under him with no replacements and they've just given the job to a pub team manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back