Anyone get on other clubs message boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dirty bristow

Do the fans on there seek out individuals in a club, such as Lee Congerton, and try to destroy them?
I do understand people's concerns and also hate the term bed wetter. But it is not as easy as people think to get players in. We have been shite for 50 years and our name in the game is not good.
AS IT STANDS, I feel this squad is bottom 3, maybe even bottom 2. But let's give Congerton a chance first.
Such is the life of a football fan, next week I will be screaming for his head

Do the fans on there seek out individuals in a club, such as Lee Congerton, and try to destroy them?
I do understand people's concerns and also hate the term bed wetter. But it is not as easy as people think to get players in. We have been shite for 50 years and our name in the game is not good.
AS IT STANDS, I feel this squad is bottom 3, maybe even bottom 2. But let's give Congerton a chance first.
I don't think the team is as bad as everyone makes out to be honest, we need more depth but our first choice 11 would give most teams a run for their money. Especially is Poyet has now figured out his system which seemed to happen towards the end of the season.
Obviously any injuries or suspensions especially to Brown or O'Shea and we're fucked though.

Every single fan has his/her dream about what they want their club to be and achieve.

If they can't see any progress towards their dream the natural reaction of most is to turn on the club and/or individuals at the club. This gets worse when it continues season after season (as in SAFC case) and eventually turns to frustration, anger, insults and in some cases a total lack of interest.

Over the 52 years I've supported the Lads I can count on one hand the number of times I've been chuffed about what we've achieved.

Why do I keep on supporting them? Fuck knows!! You tell me.

I don't think the team is as bad as everyone makes out to be honest, we need more depth but our first choice 11 would give most teams a run for their money. Especially is Poyet has now figured out his system which seemed to happen towards the end of the season.
Obviously any injuries or suspensions especially to Brown or O'Shea and we're fucked though.
Too positive that mate, log out and don't come back

Is that based on the final 5 games of the season or all the games before that.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, have lost about 12 players from the squad and brought 4 in.
Im not predicting definate relegation but i failt o see how a squad that over the course of a season fluked a survival have suddenly over the summer become immune to any talk of being no good

I think Congerton deserves time in the long term, but in the short term he's struggling to get us out of a crisis. That inevitably puts pressure on his long term future.
I don't blame Congerton for this mess, it's the others around him who got us into it. It looks like their wooly job descriptions and tendencies to lay low means they're still avoiding the spotlight.

I support Congerton but from what ive seen so far I'm not 100% sure about him. I think he could manage a fairly stable ship with the odd signing here and there and do a decent job. I'm not convinced he has the clout to run a ship in a storm like sunderland.

Let's put it this way, if he manages to stumble through this crisis and survives but down the line we have another situation like this then he should be fired. A Director of Football is in place to ensure situations like this one don't occur.

I go on the pie and bovri site

I do have the odd cryptic piss take on sky blue (coventry) board

Im banned from toontastic, just because my user name was Mr Ed

Is that based on the final 5 games of the season or all the games before that.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, have lost about 12 players from the squad and brought 4 in.
Im not predicting definate relegation but i failt o see how a squad that over the course of a season fluked a survival have suddenly over the summer become immune to any talk of being no good
I'm not sure how anyone can 'fluke survival'. It's based on a few things though;
  • Fletcher, Bridcutt and Giac should be infinitely better than last season
  • Wickham looks like he's now hopefully got goals in him
  • Most of the players we let go were shite
  • Poyet comfortably would've kept us up if he'd been there for the first 7 games- never mind not having to rebuild any morale or team spirit that the mentalist had destroyed
  • We really suffered with form after the cup final- if we'd been out sooner we'd have been safe
  • I think we're stronger is every position (first 11) than we were last season apart from maybe central defence
  • Poyet has had longer to work with the players for them to know him and for him to know how they will work in his system.
I also didn't say they were immune to anything, just not as shite as people have been making out.
Our squad depth is frightening in a couple of positions but it's hardly unsolvable.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how anyone can 'fluke survival'. It's based on a few things though;
  • Fletcher, Bridcutt and Giac should both be infinitely better than last season
  • Wickham looks like he's now hopefully got goals in him
  • Most of the players we let go were shite
  • Poyet comfortably would've kept us up if he'd been there for the first 7 games- never mind not having to rebuild any morale or team spirit that the mentalist had destroyed
  • We really suffered with form after the cup final- if we'd been out sooner we'd have been safe
  • I think we're stronger is every position (first 11) than we were last season apart from maybe central defence
  • Poyet has had longer to work with the players for them to know him and for him to know how they will work in his system.
I also didn't say they were immune to anything, just not as shite as people have been making out.
Our squad depth is frightening in a couple of positions but it's hardly unsolvable.
Agree with that tbf. Window shuts the end of August, if we haven't strengthened significantly by then, then I'll be worried.

I thought last season we had the talent but the team ethic was sorely lacking at times. It's not always just about players as Palace proved.

I can honestly say i have no idea why some people bother supporting Sunderland as they clearly garner no pleasure from it.

I wouldn't bother meself like but each to their own.
Bloke who sits behind me at the match just complains non stop. Not sure why he bothers going. Even at the end of last season he thought we were just "celebrating mediocrity". There can't be a more cynical set of supporters than ours.

Agree with that tbf. Window shuts the end of August, if we haven't strengthened significantly by then, then I'll be worried.
For a bit of perspective compare out current XI to those who started the Fulham game;

Westwood- Manonne is better
Celustka- Jones is better
Colback- Van Aarnholdt should be better at left back though I don't actually know
O'Shea- O'Shea has probably lost some more pace
Valentin- Brown is better but even if it's Roberge he should've improved
Cabral- I'm better, anyone's better
Larsson- Cattermole is better
Johnson-Gomez or Larsson should be better in the role he played that day
Giaccherini- Should've improved
Altidore- Fletcher is infinitely better
Sessegnon- Johnson, depends which one of each I'm comparing. But not alot in it

Bloke who sits behind me at the match just complains non stop. Not sure why he bothers going. Even at the end of last season he thought we were just "celebrating mediocrity". There can't be a more cynical set of supporters than ours.
You sit in front of Roy Keane?

For a bit of perspective compare out current XI to those who started the Fulham game;

Westwood- Manonne is better
Celustka- Jones is better
Colback- Van Aarnholdt should be better at left back though I don't actually know
O'Shea- O'Shea is probably lost some more pace
Valentin- Brown is better but even if it's Roberge he should've improved
Cabral- I'm better, anyone's better
Larsson- Cattermole is better
Johnson-Gomez or Larsson should be better in the role he played that day
Giaccherini- Should've improved
Altidore- Fletcher is infinitely better
Sessegnon- Johnson, depends which one of each I'm comparing. But not alot in it

You sit in front of Roy Keane?

I like your positivity mate. I'm in! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.