Amir Khan v...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there that night, the place went up. Not in a nasty way but because you generally get mostly proper boxing fans at these events and they realised what they had just witnessed.
If Khan had any sort of chin I think he would of cemented a place in the history books, very under rated boxer in my very humble opinion.

He had the whole public behind him for a long time. I remember his ITV fights after the Olympics being massive shows (from what I remember, im probably wrong).

Brook/Hearn are f***ing deluded if they're seriously expecting a 50/50 split like, even though he's only fought in the UK twice since 2009 Khan is still by far the bigger draw of the 2.

Hern has claimed Khan is asking for 80/20 split with £10m up front. He offered Khan 60/40 split on twitter today pretty much crushing the 50/50 rumour.

Last edited:

Brook/Hearn are f***ing deluded if they're seriously expecting a 50/50 split like, even though he's only fought in the UK twice since 2009 Khan is still by far the bigger draw of the 2.

Matchroom have offered Khan a 60/40 split which Hearn reckons will be 10M USD. Khan can't make that sort of money with any other fight so if he doesn't take it IMO it's fair enough to say he's ducking Brook.

IMO Brook will beat Khan because he can take a shot and Khan can't.

Matchroom have offered Khan a 60/40 split which Hearn reckons will be 10M USD. Khan can't make that sort of money with any other fight so if he doesn't take it IMO it's fair enough to say he's ducking Brook.

He would earn a fair bit fighting Pac man.

It's not that Khan can't take a shot, the problem in the past has been that he's tried to get into a slugfest when hurt instead of just trying to survive. A fighter who can't take a shot wouldn't have survived that 10th round against Maidana.

It's not that Khan can't take a shot, the problem in the past has been that he's tried to get into a slugfest when hurt instead of just trying to survive. A fighter who can't take a shot wouldn't have survived that 10th round against Maidana.

It's hard to have a plan when you're out on your feet.

how can you say that when he is the one compromising on the split to fight Khan? Not his fault Khan is asking for 80% of a sellout Wembley fight - totally unreasonable IMO

He could fight somebody else worth fighting but instead he fought Jo Jo Dan and is now fighting a guy that Dan has beaten twice.

All the talk about the purse is bullshit, tactics and negotiation until it's agreed anyway. Why do you think all of this has been made public? Brook still needs Khan more than Khan needs Brook.

He could fight somebody else worth fighting but instead he fought Jo Jo Dan and is now fighting a guy that Dan has beaten twice.

All the talk about the purse is bullshit, tactics and negotiation until it's agreed anyway. Why do you think all of this has been made public? Brook still needs Khan more than Khan needs Brook.

Khan can't earn 10M USD fighting anyone who won't be retired in the next few months. Brook can't earn best part of 7M USD fighting anyone else either.

This is a huge fight, they need each other.

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back