Amazon paying tax in the UK

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

More people voted against the Conservatives than for them. Most of our governments in history have been 'minority' in that sense
Rubbish. A vote for A isn't automatically a vote against any or all of B, C, D and E. That's why some countries operate a preferential voting system.

What's there to argue? When presented with a choice, more voted against than for
Again, a vote for X is not necessarily a vote against Y. For example I imagine that many UKIP voters were happy that the Tories got in.

This diverted profits tax is actually a good thing imo. There are bound to be some ways around it but on the face of it it's certainly a step in the right direction.

So, lots of companies treat their employees like shite? Must be ok then?

Join a Union.
Some companies will sack you if you join a union.

If you're unable to answer the question as to whether it's morally acceptable to avoid tax and thus deprive the state of essential funds that's fine.
If you were to earn a lot of money but were able to avoid paying tax by placing your money in places where it could earn interest tax free (for eg) would you do this or not? Even if you are happy to pay tax, taking advantage of tax avoidance schemes would come naturally to most.

Last edited:
I worked at 2touch for a few months in 2006, you got five minutes outside of your lunch break to use the toilet which was timed from the minute you left your desk, took at least a minute to walk there and back.
That's outrageous. I sometimes forget how lucky I am with the flexibility of my job.

If you were to earn a lot of money but were able to avoid paying tax by placing your money in places where it could earn interest tax free (for eg) would you do this or not? Even if you are happy to pay tax, taking advantage of tax avoidance schemes would come naturally to most.
They shouldn't be allowed to.

And if you have any sense of ethics, no.

Last edited:
No. I'd be chuffed I had a lot of money and be happy to pay my share back into the system.

You can. It's called an ISA.

Like @Mackem00 says, I would be very happy to have a high amount of money and make my contribution to the state.

Like @Mackem00 says, I would be very happy to have a high amount of money and make my contribution to the state.
It isn't about making a contribution to the state it was about using tax avoidance schemes for example ISAs and other avoidance methods such as employing a wife as a secretary etc etc. I'm happy to pay my share of tax but I'd use an ISA if I had money to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back