Amazon paying tax in the UK

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you can legally drastically minimise the tax you pay through a series of convoluted financial procedures and loopholes that requires a team of accountants to do, whilst at the same time, building your wealth on the back of a well-functioning society that functions well due to state intervention (which is reliant on tax income to provide).

You can pull the 'not old enough/student/whatever' card all you want marra, it's a cop out though.

I refuse to believe that anyone is that myopically self-serving without being mentally deficient in some way.

The moral case is clearly to maximise your own disposable income to support your own family and any chosen charitable efforts.

Governments are clueless and do nothing but waste.

Or do you disagree?

Well there we have a problem - what is the moral authority to arbitrate this dilemma? Hmmm....

The moral case is clearly to maximise your own disposable income to support your own family and any chosen charitable efforts.

Governments are clueless and do nothing but waste.

Or do you disagree?

Well there we have a problem - what is the moral authority to arbitrate this dilemma? Hmmm....

So, look after yourself, donate a bit to charity and fuck society? How very Thatcherite.

I don't agree that governments are clueless and do nothing but waste. Seen any charities set up nationalised systems of healthcare that are routinely voted as among the best in the world?

The moral authority has to be societal consensus, no?

So, look after yourself, donate a bit to charity and fuck society? How very Thatcherite.

I don't agree that governments are clueless and do nothing but waste. Seen any charities set up nationalised systems of healthcare that are routinely voted as among the best in the world?

The moral authority has to be societal consensus, no?

We've just had a GE and the Tories are in so I guess the societal consensus is with me? Right?

That's easy - I think it's more than morally acceptable. I think there is a moral obligation to minimise ones tax to that which is legally applicable.

The state takes more than 40% of GDP so on what basis do you say tax avoidance deprives the state of ESSENTIAL funds?
Everyones paying 40% who should?

Not sure that statement makes you more knowledgeable than frijj like. :lol:

You always get recipes for work done, eg tradesmen, window cleaner etc?
A classic. :lol:

Everyones paying 40% who should?

Not sure that statement makes you more knowledgeable than frijj like. :lol:

A classic. :lol:

An alarming lack of social conscience combined with an ignorance that could be marked on the Autistic Spectrum. It's pointless arguing until it all goes tits up for him.:lol:

I'm not sure what the UK figures are, but Amazon made a loss of $241 million last year. If they apportion more of their business to the UK could this actually mean they will be claiming a tax rebate from us rather than paying more tax?

You've gone quiet :cool::lol:

No, read it again

Genuinely didn't see your post - why would I ignore it when I've replied to everything else? - but I'll answer it now.

We've just had a GE and the Tories are in so I guess the societal consensus is with me? Right?

I suggest you look up the word consensus. A general agreement. When 62% of people are against something, I don't think you can call that a general agreement. Reports suggest more than 50% of people are against tax avoidance, now that's more of a consensus.

An alarming lack of social conscience combined with an ignorance that could be marked on the Autistic Spectrum. It's pointless arguing until it all goes tits up for him.:lol:

Not sure how you've reached that conclusion like. Have I displayed a lack of social conscience and ignorance lately? :confused:

If I thought your mind was anywhere near open enough I might give it a go but I seriously can't be arsed to explain why we do not have a single moral truth or commonly held moral authority outside of the rule of law.

It would take too long and you'd only reply with your recently learned opinions based on absolute certainties as you know them.

Sorry to be patronising but I've had my teens and twenties.

"I don't care that it only affects a small section of rich people.

It's morally wrong and should be abolished.

I'll never benefit from it but it's about right and wrong."

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/inheritance-tax-cuts.1062721/#ixzz3azVJPWSN

Seems that there is a single moral truth - when it suits your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back