Amazing goals from unexpected Sunderland players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraizer Campbells volley on his return from cruciate knee damage, that some how got him an england call up

You're getting it mixed up with Dick Malone's agianst Portsmouth.

Cec only scored once and that was a punt from the half way line which got caught in the wind and sailed over the goalie..

Was it not Dick Malone who also scored a 40-yarder against Orient? I was told by someone it was probably the best goal they ever saw at Roker. Just looked at Statcat and he scored the only goal vs them in April '71 so that must be it.

Got to be Cecil Irwin for those old enough. Never scored before and went on a run from inside our half, went past what seemed half the oppo side and slotted it home. Those with a better memory will say who it was against. Still laugh about it!

Dick Malone?

does this count? i don't think he was expecting to score

I was watching and got up to have a piss, convinced he had heard the refs whistle and slammed it in, just in frustration. Came back and was WTF?

Joe Hinnigan,

Twice in a few weeks he scored a couple of crackers. Never scored before, or since iiRC

Bolton scoring twice in a match

Last edited:
Steve Doyle scoring a screamer into the net at the Roker End, so uncharacteristic it was surreal. Looked at the stats from his time and it was either 87/88 or 88/89, he only scored a single goal in each of those two seasons and played more than 30 games a season.

Beat me too it,i'm trying to remember the opposition, maybe Stoke??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back