Amazing goals from unexpected Sunderland players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Striker
I'll start.

Lee Cattermole V West Brom, only his second league goal for us

Not long before that he had only just got his first league goal for us which was also a decent goal

(Shite quality videos)

Shouldn't that be unexpected amazing goals from Sunderland players? Tend to expect the players as we reveal them as new signings.

Shouldn't that be unexpected amazing goals from Sunderland players? Tend to expect the players as we reveal them as new signings.

Meant it more in that the player themselves are a surprise to see score never mind such a good goal.

Ironically Lee Cattermole, our non-scoring central midfielder, has more league goals for SAFC than the international centre forward we signed for a good few million pounds to lead the attack in 2013/14.

Not long before that he had only just got his first league goal for us which was also a decent goal

(Shite quality videos)

Walking out of WHL that Monday night in April after a 5-1 humping, it was just unthinkable that we would be stopping up at the end of the season :). Even the thought of it with the way we were playing and the fixtures we had left was ridiculous.

Also, imagine being told Marcus Alonso would be a £20m player for Chelsea at the top of the league after watching him get murdered down Spurs' right for about 3 goals and then being skinned for Everton's goal a few days later. That was about as unlikely as our survival chances

Got to be Cecil Irwin for those old enough. Never scored before and went on a run from inside our half, went past what seemed half the oppo side and slotted it home. Those with a better memory will say who it was against. Still laugh about it!

Got to be Cecil Irwin for those old enough. Never scored before and went on a run from inside our half, went past what seemed half the oppo side and slotted it home. Those with a better memory will say who it was against. Still laugh about it!
A lot more recent but in a similar vein, I still can't believe Onuoha's against Chelsea - me and me Da could barely celebrate for laughing. :lol:

Am I right in thinking he scored a cracker against somebody else as well? Obviously not quite as exquisite as that one like...

BOOM

And one against Wigan...

Three Sunderland goals, three screamers. Not bad. :lol:
Decent little midfielder on a free transfer. Not amazing but got too much stick, especially given the other clowns we've had in the middle in recent years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back