AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be interesting to see were he starts, he had played centrally a bit during pre season. Maybe;
Defoe
Borini Johnson Lens
Rodwell M'Vila
For me he has to start when he is fit, he is probably still our best player.

When Borini was here, Johnson created & scored more despite Borini taking the penalties.

Johnson is probably still our best player
He's finally got some competition for that title people give him, I did think he was our best player in previous seasons, now I think Lens or M'Vila is potentially better, which means we've done good business. Johnson, while very talented, is inconsistent. Lens actually seems more consistent and dangerous. But Johnson is a lovely player, there's no doubt.

It will be interesting to see were he starts, he had played centrally a bit during pre season. Maybe;
Defoe
Borini Johnson Lens
Rodwell M'Vila
For me he has to start when he is fit, he is probably still our best player.

After seeing how much Toivenan put himself about last week and how inept and anonymous Rodwell was, you would really pick Rodwell in front of him?

Increyable.

Don't think he'll be playing before his court case tbh. No news on his errrr injury.

what based on borinis stellar career stats:lol: i think he manages a goal about every 8 games and an assist about every 27:lol:
I dislike the use of stats to form opinions on players we've never seen anyway but I find the use of stats to say something about a player we've all seen, know all about and know exactly what he brings to the team just weird to be honest.

After seeing how much Toivenan put himself about last week and how inept and anonymous Rodwell was, you would really pick Rodwell in front of him?

Increyable.
What? I've replaced Ola with Johnson in the central attacking role, Rodwell is just there to give us some balance.

Also I try not to read too much into debut performances, both good and bad. I will give Ola a few more games before I judge him.

He has been pretty rubbish since the allegations came out like.

What? I've replaced Ola with Johnson in the central attacking role, Rodwell is just there to give us some balance.

Also I try not to read too much into debut performances, both good and bad. I will give Ola a few more games before I judge him.

I keep trying to give rodwell a few more, too and I still keep telling myself he'll come good but, based on Saturdays evidence, I'd still choose Toivenan ahead of him. He just looked like he didn't want to hide. Rodwell performance on Saturday, (or certainly his first half showing), was possibly his most inept for us yet and that's a bold statement, given how bad he's been at times.

I've said on here time and again that he'll come good... but when?

I think he needs to have to fight for his place again.

He has been pretty rubbish since the allegations came out like.
He's barely played!

He did well coming on from the bench last season & was apparently one of the best players throughout pre season. I won't judge him against Leicester when he played most of the game with a dislocated shoulder.

I keep trying to give rodwell a few more, too and I still keep telling myself he'll come good but, based on Saturdays evidence, I'd still choose Toivenan ahead of him. He just looked like he didn't want to hide. Rodwell performance on Saturday, (or certainly his first half showing), was possibly his most inept for us yet and that's a bold statement, given how bad he's been at times.

I've said on here time and again that he'll come good... but when?

I think he needs to have to fight for his place again.
I think the point is Toivonen can't play in the position he's picked Rodwell for. If he'd have put Rodwell as the advancaed midfielder you'd have a point.

I guess.

He can't be any worse there, though.

It's true though. I'd love to see some stats but I only remember him touching the ball once in the first half on Saturday.
He could. Also, Larrson & Cattermole would rightly be picked there before toivonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back