AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

You didn't see the second 0-3 then I take it? He absolutely tortured the bastards start to finish.
It's a more general point but opinions differ. Johnson frequently disappears in games for shorter or longer periods but I still can't think of him dominating entirely in that particular game which I attended.

It's a more general point but opinions differ. Johnson frequently disappears in games for shorter or longer periods but I still can't think of him dominating entirely in that particular game which I attended.
He's a winger/foward. What do you expect? Especially when we often have to play without the ball rather than with it.

In that game he played a massive part in winning the penalty, he scored, ran at them again and again, sprayed the ball about, skinned several of them and hit the post.

He played well for ten minutes then strolled around doing the square root of fuck all. Or was I watching a different swede.

This was about Toivonen? Because for me, derbies aside, it sums up Adam Johnson's career here...

(And if we derbies were all... Bring back Poyet!)

I'm hoping for exactly this. I think the "competition" will do him the world of good. With players on his wavelength... well... we might just see the player we thought we were buying in the first place. He's been there sporadically, (like last January, when he was on Fire), but imagine THAT johnson all season long! :cool:

Time flies ... that was the January before last! Fulham etc.

Yes, he's been through spells when he was on fire, but he's also been anonymous.

1st name on the team sheet for me

It's not that I don't rate AJ, but names I would put on the team sheet before him - M'Vila, Lens, Pants for definite.

Then I would be thinking how to accommodate two from AJ, Borini, and Defoe.

And it wouldn't be
- X -
X AJ X. He's done much better on the right.

Last edited:
I've never been totally convinced by him.

Showed quality at times for sure but has often fallen to the level of the others rather than setting a new benchmark every week for others to try and reach.

Ive always been a believer that in wide areas pace is better than his more technical talents so I'm am biased by that to be fair.

Not to say 'hes rubbish' at all, he's clearly not, but he's not massively impressed in my opinion.

This. Easy to put a couple of men on johnson when we had fuck all threat elsewhere in our team

I agree with this mind

Time flies ... that was the January before last! Fulham etc.

Yes, he's been through spells when he was on fire, but he's also been anonymous.

That's what I said... Last January. Had I meant this January, I would have said this January. I said last January as in the January of last year. The January of this year would have been this January!

Confused yet? ;)

Been out injured for 3 weeks now. Didn't they say (after the initial assessment) that it wasn't as bad as first feared and would be back in 6 weeks? Has there been any update on this? Maybe see him back after the International break in October? Maybe he might make the West Ham game before then? That would be 7 weeks from the initial injury....

Be interesting to see where DA sees him fitting in now we have Borini and Toivonen

Also there was a picture doing the rounds last week of him looking rough as shit and holding a little lad. Surely if it was a serious shoulder injury he wouldn't be able to pick kids up for pictures? I think there is something fishy with this injury.

That's what I said... Last January. Had I meant this January, I would have said this January. I said last January as in the January of last year. The January of this year would have been this January!

Confused yet? ;)

Not how I took it but ... whatever. If you have to go back 20 months to find his memorable form it says a lot about his form since then.

Not how I took it but ... whatever. If you have to go back 20 months to find his memorable form it says a lot about his form since then.

That was precisely my point. Nowhere near as good as some will have you believe. But I hold out hope that the new signings... as was my original argument, will make him strive to have to keep pushing on to fight for his place, which hopefully is no longer a gimme.

Also there was a picture doing the rounds last week of him looking rough as shit and holding a little lad. Surely if it was a serious shoulder injury he wouldn't be able to pick kids up for pictures? I think there is something fishy with this injury.
I think you're looking too hard for a conspiracy. His trial isn't until Feb and he's been taking a full part in pre season and played against Leicester. He's shown that the trial is having no affect on him mentally (outwardly anyway)

Thats what attacking players do mate

He is a quality player, who has played in a shite team and still done very well

I think you're looking too hard for a conspiracy. His trial isn't until Feb and he's been taking a full part in pre season and played against Leicester. He's shown that the trial is having no affect on him mentally (outwardly anyway)

Not sure how you can say that, hasn't bee interviewed once, and started about 1 game

It was clearly be having an impact on him, its a massive thing. He wouldn't be human if it wasn't.

How is it clear?

Wrong phrase, anybody, literally anybody who is on trial for underage sex crimes would be affected by it, not sure how that can be debated

I wouldn't be able to sleep, never mind concentrate at work.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with his frame of mind. he's injured. end of story

I've never been totally convinced by him.

Showed quality at times for sure but has often fallen to the level of the others rather than setting a new benchmark every week for others to try and reach.

Ive always been a believer that in wide areas pace is better than his more technical talents so I'm am biased by that to be fair.

Not to say 'hes rubbish' at all, he's clearly not, but he's not massively impressed in my opinion.

How many goals from midfield in a shit team that barely escapes relegation every year would impress you? Guessing more than ten a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back