2024 membership

I still think one of the best bowling performance I saw live was Simon Davis taking 7 for 32 against Lancashire in the NatWest cup at ropery lane in the early 80s. He went on to play for Australia I think
I'd just started working in Ch Le St (in 83) and my boss who was a big cricket fan let me go early and catch some of the Durham reply. I watched from over the wall next to where Col.Turnbull's house used to be and my overriding memory is of Flat Jack Simmons bowling what seemed like maiden after maiden with a few wickets for good measure.:lol:

ForI'd just started working in Ch Le St (in 83) and my boss who was a big cricket fan let me go early and catch some of the Durham reply. I watched from over the wall next to where Col.Turnbull's house used to be and my overriding memory is of Flat Jack Simmons bowling what seemed like maiden after maiden with a few wickets for good measure.:lol:
Result
Lancashire vs Durham, 1st Round
National Westminster Bank Trophy

LANCS 211/8
DURH 105
Lancashire won by 106 runs

Click here to view more @espncricinfo : Lancashire beat Durham Lancashire won by 106 runs - Durham vs Lancashire, National Westminster Bank Trophy, 1st Round Ropery Lane, Chester-le-Street June 29, 1983 Match Summary, Report | ESPNcricinfo.com

Ash Thorpe's questions only - no opportunity for members to ask questions.

Campbell and Onions first up. Brief overview from Campbell and a few words from Onions on being bowling coach.

Potts and Raine next. Potts commenting on trip to India and Raine on continuing where he left off last season.

Lees, Clark & Robinson on white ball prospects. Clark felt he had been weakest link in Zimbabwe but pointed out he was poor early doors last year. Mentioned he's been nursing a calf injury.

Parkinson & Ackermann last. Nice to be here and Parkinson also hopes we get the right brother.

Started at 6 and concluded about 6.55.

If you weren't there you missed nowt.

Campbell and Onions first up. Brief overview from Campbell and a few words from Onions on being bowling coach.

Potts and Raine next. Potts commenting on trip to India and Raine on continuing where he left off last season.

Lees, Clark & Robinson on white ball prospects. Clark felt he had been weakest link in Zimbabwe but pointed out he was poor early doors last year. Mentioned he's been nursing a calf injury.

Parkinson & Ackermann last. Nice to be here and Parkinson also hopes we get the right brother.

Sort of proves my point, sounds like a complete waste of time and on for less than an hour is really poor.

Thanks for that synopsis. What I was hoping was clarification on Ackerman and DeLeede availability for the domestic T20. If,as,appears probable,they miss out because of World Cup commitments with Netherlands seems pointless giving them such prominent roles in the Zimbabwe T20 tournament.

Back