2024 membership

Other than their membership subs? It isn’t free you know. Unless you know different, in which case you might care go enlighten the members as to how they can save about £200 a year.

And if you’ve been to the Riverside, you’ll know that there is a geet big board with names of people who donated their subs to DCCC when they had paid to see a single ball bowled during the Covid era.

So before you spout off about loyal members, think about how much they might have contributed to the club as opposed to how much you actually put in.
That poster claimed some batshit libellous stuff about Archer. As well as some other odd posts. Best just to leave them to it.

Logic dictates that one member puts in more money to the club than say 2-3 fans with T20 only season tickets.

Other than their membership subs? It isn’t free you know. Unless you know different, in which case you might care go enlighten the members as to how they can save about £200 a year.

And if you’ve been to the Riverside, you’ll know that there is a geet big board with names of people who donated their subs to DCCC when they had paid to see a single ball bowled during the Covid era.

So before you spout off about loyal members, think about how much they might have contributed to the club as opposed to how much you actually put in.

Looks like your normal members that attend county cricket. Cheaper than putting your electric on at home or watching for free on YouTube. Doubt they know what YouTube is why they attend.

All the processed ham needs to be brought by someone to make their packed lunches they don't spend a penny towards the club.

Flasks full of tea.

Keeps the economy going the average county cricket fans.

Ban the 100 and T20.
If the "normal members" are watching for free/don't spend a penny towards the club, docould you drop me a PM and tell me where I can watch county cricket for free as it seems daft of me to have paid over £200 when it's apparently free?

A cohort of those "normal members" will also be forking out £55 per head to attend the forthcoming Hall of fame meeting.
Be interesting to speculate whose nominated this time.Perhaps
Benkenstein
DiVenuto
Lewis
Larkins??
Mustard.
Onions and Rushworth won't as yet meet the 5 year criteria.

A cohort of those "normal members" will also be forking out £55 per head to attend the forthcoming Hall of fame meeting.
Be interesting to speculate whose nominated this time.Perhaps
Benkenstein
DiVenuto
Lewis
Larkins??
Mustard.
Onions and Rushworth won't as yet meet the 5 year criteria.
Can't argue with any of those selections. Maybe Ottis could be added to the potential nominees.

That poster claimed some batshit libellous stuff about Archer. As well as some other odd posts. Best just to leave them to it.

Logic dictates that one member puts in more money to the club than say 2-3 fans with T20 only season tickets.
not sure i quite agree with the math, your average county memeber you know is the bring a picnic and a flask lot , they arent buying 5 pints and round of food each game, and replica shirt each season

i think in one season of one day cricket at ive spent more in the ground and on tickets than 2 memberships and a junior would have cost

not sure i quite agree with the math, your average county memeber you know is the bring a picnic and a flask lot

This thread seems to be turning into a member bashing fest. There are c3k Durham members, and whilst I’m sure there are some who take their own bait along (as they are perfectly entitled to), there are many who attend the majorly of games and put money into the club on a regular basis on top of their annual subs. These are loyal and genuine supporters who have been going to watch their team for many years (and more than I have) Your comment and those of others is a gross generalisation and frankly a bit of an insult.

Eg Just go into the members lounge at lunchtime during a 4 day game and see how many people are buying their bait in there (from the club of course). Go into the shop during tea and lunch breaks and see how many are in there.

People can of course attend by any means their lifestyle, financial and other commitments allow. But they are supporting Durham and some of them shouldn’t be castigated or looked down upon for bringing some sandwiches.

Seeing as how the sun is cracking the pavements (relatively speaking :cool:) I had a walk to the ground this morning which was a hive of activity - six people cleaning the Co Durham Lower seats (but not the Upper @GordonMuchallNo1Fan !!), advertising boards going up in the Trapdoor (but no seats @Twisted), and rubbish being collected.

The field looked like it probably would do in late January if we hadn't had the wettest autumn/winter for however many decades and the square looked...erm...green. One of the groundsmen was cutting a strip about as far over towards the old scoreboard as you could get. Let's hope for some dry weather in the next few weeks.

This thread seems to be turning into a member bashing fest. There are c3k Durham members, and whilst I’m sure there are some who take their own bait along (as they are perfectly entitled to), there are many who attend the majorly of games and put money into the club on a regular basis on top of their annual subs. These are loyal and genuine supporters who have been going to watch their team for many years (and more than I have) Your comment and those of others is a gross generalisation and frankly a bit of an insult.

Eg Just go into the members lounge at lunchtime during a 4 day game and see how many people are buying their bait in there (from the club of course). Go into the shop during tea and lunch breaks and see how many are in there.

People can of course attend by any means their lifestyle, financial and other commitments allow. But they are supporting Durham and some of them shouldn’t be castigated or looked down upon for bringing some sandwiches.
Didnt mean it to be a member bashing post, i was a member for years, i kept it from when i turned from a Junior up until my early 30's, im just saying from personal experience the majority of folks who are sat in the stands for the CC take their own, when i go i do exactly the same, picnic bag with me bait and few cans if im not driving cos i can take them in

The CC isnt set up to sell to them really either, (no extra bars or food stalls etc) My arguement was i didnt agree that one member puts in more than 3 T20 season ticket holders, I spend considerably more taking 3 of us to T20 games than i ever did taking myself to the CC
There are c3k Durham members

i know not everyone of them can make every game but do we really have 3K members, be lucky if theres 1000 in for most days and that's generous , honestly if someone had asked me that question id have guessed about 1/3 of that number

Last edited:

Because of a WUM who has repeated libellous claims about Jofra Archer a number of times on here.

@Sillypoint as a result of it being a WUM no point even getting in the numbers tbh.

repeated libellous claims about Jofra Archer a number of times on here.

@Sillypoint as a result of it being a WUM no point even getting in the numbers tbh.
Libellous Claims? what on earth have i said, apart from him Being injury prone and unreliable to pick,

Also not sure who you think im trying to Wind up on here?? thats far from my intention

Seeing as how the sun is cracking the pavements (relatively speaking :cool:) I had a walk to the ground this morning which was a hive of activity - six people cleaning the Co Durham Lower seats (but not the Upper @GordonMuchallNo1Fan !!), advertising boards going up in the Trapdoor (but no seats @Twisted), and rubbish being collected.

The field looked like it probably would do in late January if we hadn't had the wettest autumn/winter for however many decades and the square looked...erm...green. One of the groundsmen was cutting a strip about as far over towards the old scoreboard as you could get. Let's hope for some dry weather in the next few weeks.
I drove past the ground today and can confirm it's still there 😁

We do have a hybrid pitch? Presumably this needs less preparation and maintenance and could be used early season.

Spent many good days for the 2 day minor county championship matches.
I has the fortune to watch them as a young un in the late 70s when they went season after season unbeaten - Atkinson, Romaines, Wasim Raja, Lance Cairns, Riddell, Greensword, Wilkinson, Lander etc.
We do have a hybrid pitch? Presumably this needs less preparation and maintenance and could be used early season.
I sincerely hope we do.:D

Last edited:
Libellous Claims? what on earth have i said, apart from him Being injury prone and unreliable to pick,

Also not sure who you think im trying to Wind up on here?? thats far from my intention
Not you sorry if not clear.

I tagged you to say no point going into the numbers about who puts more into club, as the WUM started the conversation about members not putting any money into club.

Iamme is the WUM im referring to, also the one that's posted libellous stuff about Archer.

Last edited:
I has the fortune to watch them as a young un in the late 70s when they went season after season unbeaten - Atkinson, Romaines, Wasim Raja, Lance Cairns, Riddell, Greensword, Wilkinson, Lander etc.

I sincerely hope we do.:D
I still think one of the best bowling performance I saw live was Simon Davis taking 7 for 32 against Lancashire in the NatWest cup at ropery lane in the early 80s. He went on to play for Australia I think

Back