Zero chance of getting a credible 1st team coach

Dodds will not be "given" the job. He will earn it. Depending how results go between now and the end of the season.
Given where we are and how, the league table currently stands and the make up of the remaining fixtures it is going to be a hell of a challenge for him to guide the squad to a play off spot. If we finish on 68+ points or thereabouts he will have done a very good job and will put himself in a strong position to be considered.
On the subject of a "credible" first team coach.There are currently 9 teams above is in the Championship and if you add these to the 10 teams in the bottom half of the Premiership arguably only Everton have what would be regarded as the traditional manager and his coaching team. Some of these have cut their teeth abroad, some have stepped up from the league below and some have been sacked from previous jobs before their current one. In this group, only Kompany and Robins played at an elite club level.Virtually all of them work with a DoF and or a Head of Recruitment.
Of the top ten bookies favourites only Cooper and possibly Heckingbottom would move us forward in my opinion. I suspect though if it was Heckingbottom he would be made about as welcome as MB was.
Then there is the enigma that is Will Still - we will wait and see. He has no playing pedigree, has never managed in England (apart from PNE Under 14s) and has no promotions on his record. Reims are currently 8th and have lost 4 from their last eight.

Last edited:
Yeah, the way we've done things has seen several key players sign new and improved contracts, but we'll not let facts get in the way of bashing the club.

Big mistakes have been made and we're all pissed off with certain decisions but we have shown we are wiling to offer good contracts to players or we wouldn't have seen Patterson, Hume, Ballard, Cirkin, Neil and Roberts sign new deals this past year.
Common sense post mate!!
Your card will now be marked by the doomongers who inhabit this board.
Yes. KLD has fucked up big time.
Aye financial stability always represents a mega fuck up.

Last edited:
Dodds will not be "given" the job. He will earn it. Depending how results go between now and the end of the season.
Given where we are and how, the league table currently stands and the make up of the remaining fixtures it is going to be a hell of a challenge for him to guide the squad to a play off spot. If we finish on 68+ points or thereabouts he will have done a very good job and will put himself in a strong position to be considered.
On the subject of a "credible" first team coach.There are currently 9 teams above is in the Championship and if you add these to the 10 teams in the bottom half of the Premiership arguably only Everton have what would be regarded as the traditional manager and his coaching team. Some of these have cut their teeth abroad, some have stepped up from the league below and some have been sacked from previous jobs before their current one. In this group, only Kompany and Robins played at an elite club level.Virtually all of them work with a DoF and or a Head of Recruitment.
Of the top ten bookies favourites only Cooper and possibly Heckingbottom would move us forward in my opinion. I suspect though if it was Heckingbottom he would be made about as welcome as MB was.
Then there is the enigma that is Will Still - we will wait and see. He has no playing pedigree, has never managed in England (apart from PNE Under 14s) and has no promotions on his record. Reims are currently 8th and have lost 4 from their last eight.
So are you saying the only name we chased before Beale isn't good enough IOM ?

The trouble with any coach is that they’d see, if it’s not working, we have zero depth to be able to mix it up.

We’ve signed a first team, but there’s nobody to change things on the bench.
Granted it could be Hemir, I would love it to be, as long as these rumours about his attitude aren’t true.

but they’d see that as immediately being hamstrung.

The system using a DOF can work,but it relies on the recruitment bringing in players not a dozen foreign kids most of whom wouldnt get a game for Ryhope colliery.

Im saying that if his current record makes him credible then so does that of many others.
well speakman must have thought he was credible, however he's hired and fired every head coach in less than 16 months so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

This. Currently it’s just concrete thinking. It is literally two blokes saying “I’m right” despite evidence to the contrary.
Yep,we have to hope Doddsy can do the job because to any top coach we are a basket case.Even if he does we will still need investment to mount a promotion challenge next season
Plenty of speculation in the press including from will Still himself...
Why do people want Still,cannot see anything his cv to warrant excitement

Last edited:
The state of things recently will definitely put some off. Mowbray wasn’t even that critical of the model yet he still got sacked.

KLD certainly appears to be pretty ruthless as far as binning coaches goes. Johnson had us competing for automatic promotion when he was sacked. Mowbray questioned his autonomy over team selection and he was binned. Beale gets the heave ho after a record 12 games in charge.

You’d need to have absolute belief in your ability to take our job on.

Back