Zak Johnson

An odd move. He needed the loan, but not sure what he'll gain from being at Dundalk. Not sure what the club will gain. Don't believe the lad has a future at Sunderland at all

An odd move. He needed the loan, but not sure what he'll gain from being at Dundalk. Not sure what the club will gain. Don't believe the lad has a future at Sunderland at all
Strange one because he was recently touted as being one of the future stars from the academy.

Strange one because he was recently touted as being one of the future stars from the academy.

Aye those were my thoughts. Maybe an attitude problem, I don't know. Just assumptions at this stage. Was the loan to Hartlepool a success do you know ?

Aye those were my thoughts. Maybe an attitude problem, I don't know. Just assumptions at this stage. Was the loan to Hartlepool a success do you know ?
Not sure, maybe @Kernel might know better. Can only assume the Irish Premierleague is more highly regarded than English non-league 🤷‍♂️

Not sure, maybe @Kernel might know better. Can only assume the Irish Premierleague is more highly regarded than English non-league 🤷‍♂️
I've never heard anything negative about his attitude if anything the opposite...are we after someone from Dundalk?

A team out of the blue, interesting move. The Hartlepool loan didn't sound good but could that have been down to the condition of the club and management? I don't know.

I'd guess the Irish premier is better than conference. Looks lively, a good test.

Signed a new contract to 2026 in the summer and is only 18. Dundalk play in a very physical league where he’ll need to learn quickly. Nothing at this stage to suggest a problem or that he doesn’t have a future here.

The standard will be higher. Just look at the players who have got moves to England from the League of Ireland. I suppose he'll gain experience and it will benefit the club that way. More likely it will be a move to kick start his career.

I've never heard anything negative about his attitude if anything the opposite...are we after someone from Dundalk?

A team out of the blue, interesting move. The Hartlepool loan didn't sound good but could that have been down to the condition of the club and management? I don't know.

I'd guess the Irish premier is better than conference. Looks lively, a good test.
Hartlepool loans have been poor I think, I’d sack them off entirely and probably better we move in this direction.

Back