Zak Johnson 2026

Great news for another local lad
Was impressed with him on Sunday against Man Utd. Especially 2nd half, he won some brilliant headers defending corners
On another note -can you imagine if we started regularly scoring off corners ( ours !) -would be another massive step forward .

Last edited:
I've not seen that much of him, but he seemed more comfortable at CB. A shame that a couple of preseason games when playing with the senior squad he was put at RB. I think he'd have impressed more in the middle.

Good to see him getting the contract.

Aye my opinion on both him and Crompton in pre season and cup games was, we aren’t really doing them any favours playing them RB for the 1st team.

They need to be getting men’s football experience in the position both have played all their lives (centre half), and I think both are ready for non league loans (Gateshead, Shields, Blyth, Spennymoor, Darlington all spot on as they could continue training with academy also, and even playing for u21s if they weren’t starting in national league).

Could be a tough move. The pools defence and both keepers look very poor. Really keen to see if he can sort it out even though he's only there a month 🤞🤞
Atleast it will be a good test for him. He's a giant of a lad so it will be interesting how he does against men

Back