Zaghari-Ratcliffe freed...

I worked at a well known Electrical Engineering company aka Great Engineering Cockups after Uni. After a few years one of the guys from Overseas support was on a trip to Iran and was arrested and banged up for allegedly spying. Most of the lads working there were in their 20s and from the Midlands or the North. This gent was an Oxbridge grad, very well spoken and in his 50’s. He came back for 1 day after 2 years to clear his desk. No explanation.

I'm all for going in and sorting them out - but, I would then fear for every Brit in that country, they'd probably jail 10 for nowt as a revenge. Other countries have no scruples
Going to war with Iran over one woman? She might be guilty man.
I worked at a well known Electrical Engineering company aka Great Engineering Cockups after Uni. After a few years one of the guys from Overseas support was on a trip to Iran and was arrested and banged up for allegedly spying. Most of the lads working there were in their 20s and from the Midlands or the North. This gent was an Oxbridge grad, very well spoken and in his 50’s. He came back for 1 day after 2 years to clear his desk. No explanation.
You think he did it?

Was it James bond or Harry Palmer

We have Iranian friends (well they consider themselves Persian) who travel backwards and forwards between both countries without any issues, likewise do their parents who live in Iran. Makes you wonder why she got hauled in?
You can be both Persian and Iranian, one one or the other. Iranian is a nationality and general group of ethnicities, while Persian is a specific ethnicity and language family

Going to war with Iran over one woman? She might be guilty man.

You think he did it?
I have no idea, on reflection all these years later, he did not fit with the rest of the team. As I said he was an Oxbridge graduate in his 50’s and the rest of his were generally from the North / Midlands and in 20’s or early 30’s. It does seem very strange now looking back

Sentenced to another year in prison, for taking part in an anti-Iran protest in London in 2009, and for giving an interview to the BBC Persian Service.

If Johnson et al have anything about them, they'll do whatever they can to get her out.
Absolutely ridiculous

Back