Bairstow
Clarke
Foakes
Wood
Robinson
Broad
Parkinson

Vince, libby, mahmood, leach, lawrence, overton, malan

Id let stokes stay in England and get some form before the summer, Anderson would let rest up
Wouldn't touch Clarke with a bargepole, bloke is an utter wanker.

Lees
Libby
Crawley
Root
Malan
Stokes
Bairstow
Wood
Robinson
Broad
Leach

Aye stokes needs moving down to 6 like

It’s not been mentioned but he won’t be a consistent 5

And therefore bairstow 7
Swap Robinson for Mahmood and possibly Vince for Livingstone or someone like Clarke and that would be my team.

Is he the one that was suspended for some unsavoury stuff a year or two ago?

Vince and Clarke 2 of the best technically sound ones I’ve seen

I understand the calls for Livingstone but not yet he needs a year of no franchise cricket and just red ball

His technique is all over the place currently

Last edited:
Aye stokes needs moving down to 6 like

It’s not been mentioned but he won’t be a consistent 5

And therefore bairstow 7

Vince and Clarke 2 of the best technically sound ones I’ve seen

I understand the calls for Livingstone but not yet he needs a year of no franchise cricket and just red ball

His technique is all over the place currently
Agree on Vince technically. It’s his mentality I question, just don’t think he’s got the mental strength for Test cricket. Not seen anything of Clarke so pure guesswork from me as far as he’s concerned. The thing with Livingstone is I think he’s got the attitude and mentality for Test cricket as shown by what he did in white ball for England, similar to Malan, which is what this side needs and why I wanted him in Australia. The technique can be worked on. If we have the coaches to do it of course.

Agree on Vince technically. It’s his mentality I question, just don’t think he’s got the mental strength for Test cricket. Not seen anything of Clarke so pure guesswork from me as far as he’s concerned. The thing with Livingstone is I think he’s got the attitude and mentality for Test cricket as shown by what he did in white ball for England, similar to Malan, which is what this side needs and why I wanted him in Australia. The technique can be worked on. If we have the coaches to do it of course.

I’m telling you though if he has the technique he’s had the last 18 months he will not grind out 100s for England

He isn’t capable of it

He needs to revert to how he played years ago

Mentality in test cricket is not giving a bit back to the bowler verbally etc. that means nothing. It’s being able to do things over and over and over

Can he judge ball after ball on off stump. I don’t think he can right now

He has done in the past but he’s been around the world in white ball tournaments standing on leg stump since then

I’m telling you though if he has the technique he’s had the last 18 months he will not grind out 100s for England

He isn’t capable of it

He needs to revert to how he played years ago

Mentality in test cricket is not giving a bit back to the bowler verbally etc. that means nothing. It’s being able to do things over and over and over

Can he judge ball after ball on off stump. I don’t think he can right now

He has done in the past but he’s been around the world in white ball tournaments standing on leg stump since then
Fair points and I don’t disagree broadly speaking, however mentality is also about big game experience and not being overawed by the situation.

Something I think applies to the likes of Hameed, Vince, Pope, probably even Burns and a few others.

Billings showed it’s possible to come in and get runs with only white ball cricket behind you, and imo Livingstone is a better player, and gives you a spin option.

Your point about the openers and not knowing if we’ve got better till we try them also applies in this case.

Last edited:
Swap Robinson for Mahmood and possibly Vince for Livingstone or someone like Clarke and that would be my team.

Is he the one that was suspended for some unsavoury stuff a year or two ago?
Aye, a few different things. Heard a load of stories about him too beyond what’s actually been reported :lol: him and his brothers are utter shithouses.

Fair enough mate, care to share? :lol: pm if need be!
Won’t go into too many absolute specifics on here but I know of at least 2 other situations similar in nature to the Hepburn case where they have (*apparently*) paid people off. One of my good mates went to school with him so knows a lot of the same groups of people. He was actually at the same party a year or 2 back where him and his brothers (*apparently*) attacked and glassed someone.

1. Lees
2. Crawley
3. Bracey
4. Root
5. Bohannon
6. Stokes
7. Bairstow +
8. Robinson
9. Wood
10. Leach
11. Broad/Jimmy

Yates, Lawrence, Foakes, Overton, Mahmood, Parkinson

Abell, Smith and Carse on standby.

1. Lees
2. Crawley
3. Bracey
4. Root
5. Bohannon
6. Stokes
7. Bairstow +
8. Robinson
9. Wood
10. Leach
11. Broad/Jimmy

Yates, Lawrence, Foakes, Overton, Mahmood, Parkinson

Abell, Smith and Carse on standby.

Bohannon and Bracey are great calls

Id have Carse as first reserve I just forgot about him

Bracey needs a go at 3 actually he has something and his games for England were unfortunate circumstances

I ask myself the same question. I have BT for an extra £27 per month,you also get champions league football. Mind the cricket coverage and analysis on BT is crap compared to Athers and Hussain.

I ask myself the same question. I have BT for an extra £27 per month,you also get champions league football. Mind the cricket coverage and analysis on BT is crap compared to Athers and Hussain.
Me too. Just watched the Sky vodcast from the last Test, some really good and insightful debate from Nasser and Athers. Rob Key to an extent as well.

I do wonder if the ECB will send out an essentially Lions squad with a few experienced players added in, as a kind of sop to a braying knee-jerk media who think all of them need dropping?

I'd never consider Clarke for a second. If a bloke's an arsehole, that does have an effect on any sports team. It seems anyone connected with English test cricket with that surname needs banning.

Back