Lee's
Richardson
Burnham
Raine
Trevaskis
Rimmington
Carse/Weighell
Rushworth
I think some of the 1st class team will drop out, like perhaps Lees and maybe Rushy, Bancroft is going to miss some too isn't he?
All things being equal like fitness and form I would certainly have Whitehead in, I think he's a real find. And Poynter has got better T20 stats than either Eckersley or Richardson. Sooo.

Short
S Steel
Bancroft/Richardson
Lees
Poynter
Burnham
Raine
Trevaskis
Rimmington
Carse/Weighell
Whitehead.

not necessarily in that order.

I

I think some of the 1st class team will drop out, like perhaps Lees and maybe Rushy, Bancroft is going to miss some too isn't he?
All things being equal like fitness and form I would certainly have Whitehead in, I think he's a real find. And Poynter has got better T20 stats than either Eckersley or Richardson. Sooo.

Short
S Steel
Bancroft/Richardson
Lees
Poynter
Burnham
Raine
Trevaskis
Rimmington
Carse/Weighell
Whitehead.

Yes will be interesting to see what they do with Rushy. It's turned out a good move not to play him at all in that 50 over competition.

I

Short
S Steel
Bancroft/Richardson
Lees
Poynter
Burnham
Raine
Trevaskis
Rimmington
Carse/Weighell
Whitehead.

I would definitely consider Whitehead but I'm not sure if hes 100% fit.
If Bancroft is still with us then I would definitely have him repeating his keeper role.
If Clark had been in any sort of form I would give him the nod over Lees as hes a far better fielder.

I would definitely consider Whitehead but I'm not sure if hes 100% fit.
If Bancroft is still with us then I would definitely have him repeating his keeper role.
If Clark had been in any sort of form I would give him the nod over Lees as hes a far better fielder.
Iam not sure I have seen young Ben Whitehead's name on any score sheets this season. He signed to play for Chester as their Durham player but not sure if he has been turning out for them

Speaking of Lees and Clark-it was interesting that for the CC game just finished Clark was at first slip throughout the game while Lees who has been there since he arrived was at mid wicket.

If Whitehead, Short, Trevaskis and Steel all play we could field a side with 4 component slow bowlers.
Whitehead and S.Steel were doing catching practise with Franklin between innings on Monday; there was a 3rd one who I didn't recognize -could have been Short.
what about forgotten man Salisbury for T20?

Whitehead and S.Steel were doing catching practise with Franklin between innings on Monday; there was a 3rd one who I didn't recognize -could have been Short.
I would think he will be in the frame as well. If they play Rushy there is still at least 1 seamers spot open.
I wouldn't be surprised if they rotate them depending on conditions.

He's injured isn't he ... otherwise he'd have been playing in that last match.

edit - possibly, his stats are roughly the same as Rimmington

Last edited:
Looking at 2018s T20 stats, some of the top performers aren't here now or in the case of Stokes/Wood, might not be available

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back