Your team for Sri Lanka

Seen murmurings of this from Dobell the other day. Advising due to Bairstow getting a hundred in Sri Lanka last time t number 3 coupled with and Denly weakness against the spin, they may look to Jonny at 3

Ed Smith can fuck off with his blinkered love in with Bairstow and Buttler
Thing is I can understand to a degree with Buttler.
But this desperation to get an overrated crybaby into the side at any cost and in any position I just don't get.

Not really. Ollie Pope had to bat 4 to accommodate Buttler as did Bairstow before him
True, but we know Buttler is an exceptional, freakish talent so more leeway is to be expected.

Bairstow is a good ODI player but has a glaring issue in Test match cricket.

Either way, both are done now for me. Denley at 3 as a stop gap til the summer, then Crawley at 3, Burns and Sibley open, Foakes has the gloves.

True, but we know Buttler is an exceptional, freakish talent so more leeway is to be expected.

Bairstow is a good ODI player but has a glaring issue in Test match cricket.

Either way, both are done now for me. Denley at 3 as a stop gap til the summer, then Crawley at 3, Burns and Sibley open, Foakes has the gloves.

Interesting that Bairstow has a better record in Tests and ODIs than Buttler. They both averaged 23/24 in the Ashes and Bairstow outperformed Buttler in the World Cup last year.

But one is a liability and it's a disgrace he's anywhere near the team, the other is a freakish talent who can be expected to have more leeway.

Perceptions are funny things.

Interesting that Bairstow has a better record in Tests and ODIs than Buttler. They both averaged 23/24 in the Ashes and Bairstow outperformed Buttler in the World Cup last year.

But one is a liability and it's a disgrace he's anywhere near the team, the other is a freakish talent who can be expected to have more leeway.

Perceptions are funny things.
To be honest mate, I just cannot stand the whiney kernt :lol:

Need at least three spinners

Bess, I’ve wondered why he was dispensed with so quickly first time around as not only his bowling was ok, he demonstrated an excellent technique when batting

moeen back refreshed after a break as he admitted the other day, he was burnt out

leach will he be fit, yes then he goes no, then

denly
root
rashid

to back up the main two, Bess and moeen imo

all the rest have been detailed by everyone previously, but if horses for courses are preferred surely foakes returns as WK?

Did anyone really do that? Seriously?

A bloke who was prepared to wait 7 years to qualify to play for England......
Yup, seriously. Plenty doubting how commited he was, rumours of him being "difficult to manage" and the old adage of a "bad attitude".

Ludicrous.

Did anyone really do that? Seriously?

A bloke who was prepared to wait 7 years to qualify to play for England......
Loads of articles and rumours about him not getting on with the dressing room etc.

Twitter awash with morons griefing him. It's why pietersen came out defending him as he felt archer was being victimised like he was.

edit: just reiterating what @TheRey said

Last edited:

Back