Your Most Embarrassing Gaming Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
those days are past marra, i play games i want to play now, not because they have an easy platinum trophy, that said my lovefilm rental list does have some shit on there, stuff like Naughty Bear and Spiderman, just because i want to play them.

Hated that.

I'm guilty of playing certain games in certain ways to get achievements, and sometimes carry on playing a game after finishing the main story to get them, but only if I liked the game, and only if it's not going to take forever. I got 1000/1000 and 1250/1250 on Skyrim and Oblivion

Mind I did grind quite a bit on FF XIII, but I did on FF VII and that didn't have achievements, just the satisfaction of getting Knights of the Round and beating the two git tough Weapons.

At least you didnt stoop so low as the Hannah Montana game.

even i wouldnt stoop that low, its a shit smear across anyones tag never mind readily admitting to playing it.

Hated that.

I'm guilty of playing certain games in certain ways to get achievements, and sometimes carry on playing a game after finishing the main story to get them, but only if I liked the game, and only if it's not going to take forever. I got 1000/1000 and 1250/1250 on Skyrim and Oblivion

Mind I did grind quite a bit on FF XIII, but I did on FF VII and that didn't have achievements, just the satisfaction of getting Knights of the Round and beating the two git tough Weapons.

i do that now but i think thats the whole point of the achievement's, to prolong the playtime of games you wouldnt ordinarily complete.

Take Just Cause 2, i finished the game at 62% of he map completed and went up to 75% for the last trophy i needed.

well where do i start, the most embarrassing moment was when i went to Cex about a year ago to trade in every xbox game i owned...over 150.

they took the lot but when they were going through it i was going crimson at realising some of the stuff i had actually bought.
Teenage Mutanta Ninja Turtles, 50 cent blood on the sand, Open Season, Surfs Up, Terminator Salvation, Lost Via Domus, Jumper, CSI games 2 of them, King Kong, Phantasy Star Universe and of Course the most embarrassing of the lot...Avatar the burning earth.

mind the bloke behind the counter knew my pain, he brought up his gamertag and got the 1000 gamerscore on Avatar as i was stood there:lol::lol:

I have always enjoyed kids games like Open Season which is my favourite game on xbox360 and i much prefer to play a game like Mini Ninjas over Call of Duty.

Cant say i didnt enjoy being a gamerscore whore but thank fuck im out of the habit of buying shit games for achievements.

I usually rent them now;)

Nearly spat my coffee out in laughter reading that last part :-D

Gaming accessory has to to be the U Draw tablet thing for the ps3, got it for my niece to play on when she visited and its awful.

Recently, Skyrim.

The bloke behind the till at game was a complete sad bastard. He began his version of banter and started talking about how amazing this game was, and how his level 43 wizard can evaporate enemies in one fell swoop.

I was pretty much nodding and smiling at this point.

He then continued to ramble on about the game before, Oblivion and talk about how many hours he played the game for.. and the f***ing asshole even decided to start to ruin the plot of Skyrim... this is before he's even gone to hunt down the copy of the game with the disc and manual in etc...

The store was quite busy, on a saturday and the queue behind me built up quite considerably... all watching this guy talk to me like I was one of him.

f***ing tosser, he needed a hair cut too.

That was quite embarrassing, but so was going to Game at midnight on a Friday to buy Fifa 11 :oops: :oops: To be fair, we were probably the only people in there to actually go out on the lash afterwards :lol:

Last edited:
Years ago after finishing a night shift I went into town on the hunt for new game, found one that looked good, bought it, got home and put the disc in the xbox, started reading the back of the case only to realise that I'd bought a PS2 game despite not owning the console.

I once bought a game where u were a dogsbody in a supermarket and had to stack shelves haha. For the speccy it was, was nothing else in, was one of the cheapo 2.99 games.

Was impossible anarl to remember the isles where things were. God i must have been young n bored that day!

going back further in time i remember pestering my parents for Duke Nukem Land of the babes, fuck me even as an 11 year old it was shite.

Shittest i've ever bought and played was probably MorphX.
Christ it is f***ing woeful, it looks like a PS1 gamebut on xbox360.

going back further in time i remember pestering my parents for Duke Nukem Land of the babes, fuck me even as an 11 year old it was shite.

Shittest i've ever bought and played was probably MorphX.
Christ it is f***ing woeful, it looks like a PS1 gamebut on xbox360.

Duke Nukem games were amazing on the PS1, used to play hours of it on multiplayer.. although, the best thing about it was the women and the strippers - you could even touch them :lol:

I bought flight path HD thing on the ps3 for move! :oops:

Also move alone was a shit and embarrasing purchase anarl! :oops::lol:

Final Fantasy X-2, a system that's controlled by how you dress your party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back