Your Most Embarrassing Gaming Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

I'm expecting plenty of admissions Genericus on this one. And I'm ready for the stick from everyone else... But anyway, here goes...

Today I almost died with embarrassment as I went and purchased this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhrZPQv-tC4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PL5MfrLvRw[/ame]

For the uninitiated, the game in question is Hatsune Miku Project DIVA f. I didn't know where to look when the lass served me earlier.

Despite that, though, I'm not scared to admit that the game is cracking and I'm really enjoying it, even though I struggle with some of the more difficult Japanese menu options. Addictive as hell and some of the songs are catchy as fuck. I've always been a massive fan of rhythm games like Rez, Child of Eden, Gitaroo Man and the like, so when I found out what kind of game this was, I had to have it regardless...

So over to you lot, anyone even come close to emulating my hideous geeky loserness? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably Pokemon soul silver for my DS, but not just the normal edition, I got the one with the little pedometer thing :oops: (I never used it like). Loved that game though as it's a remake of Pokemon Silver from years ago which was class :cool:

I'm expecting plenty of admissions Genericus on this one. And I'm ready for the stick from everyone else... But anyway, here goes...

For the uninitiated, the game in question is Hatsune Miku Project DIVA f. I didn't know where to look when the lass served me earlier.

Despite that, though, I'm not scared to admit that the game is cracking and I'm really enjoying it, even though I struggle with some of the more difficult Japanese menu options. Addictive as hell and some of the songs are catchy as fuck. I've always been a massive fan of rhythm games like Rez, Child of Eden, Gitaroo Man and the like, so when I found out what kind of game this was, I had to have it regardless...

So over to you lot, anyone even come close to emulating my hideous geeky loserness? :lol:

I like Anime and to a certain extent Japanese pop music; I happily admit I'm a nerd. I have no idea what the fuck is going on in those videos though :lol::lol:

Looking back on bad games I asked for - probably Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories for PS1, however I was 8. Also Guitar Hero games when I actually play guitar, I wish I had spent my time playing that game just playing more real guitar, pointless shite.

Last edited:
The only time I've felt a bit embarrassed buying a game is when I went on a hunt for the Wii version of LoZ: Twilight Princess.

"Twilight.... Princess?"

WHY WOULD YOU CALL YOUR GAME THAT

I like Anime and to a certain extent Japanese pop music; I happily admit I'm a nerd. I have no idea what the fuck is going on in those videos though :lol::lol:

Looking back on bad games I asked for - probably Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories for PS1, however I was 8. Also Guitar Hero games when I actually play guitar, I wish I had spent my time playing that game just playing more real guitar, pointless shite.

Similar to this, I bought DJ Hero :oops:

I bought that Disneyland Kinect game for my lass (she loves Disney stuff). However a week later she traded it in as in her words "it was shit" :lol:

Buying an Xbox 360 from Gamestation (buying from a high street store is embarrassing in itself).

What should have been a relatively simple purchase turned into 30 minutes of the wankers behind the till trying to sell me every infested used console they had going and trying to convince me they were just as good as a new one but cheaper. This all went on while I received angry stares from charv mar army behind me wanting to buy the latest DS or Wii game for hew Scotty with those disability benefits they so clearly qualify for.

I decided enough was enough, went away to CeX, got the prices of their trade ins, then went back and took their eyes out when I traded in a 3DS + Games towards it. Wound up with £50 profit despite owning the console and said games for a couple of months.

Walking past a computer shop in the metrocentre and they had an amazing demo of a football game on the screen. I went into the shop and asked what the game was. It was Fifa for the 3DO, so 10 minutes later I left the shop about £600 lighter......

I have a 3DO for sale, you can have it for £500 if you like? ;)

:lol::oops: Either Pokemon for the DS or Animal Crossing for the DS - both great games!

well where do i start, the most embarrassing moment was when i went to Cex about a year ago to trade in every xbox game i owned...over 150.

they took the lot but when they were going through it i was going crimson at realising some of the stuff i had actually bought.
Teenage Mutanta Ninja Turtles, 50 cent blood on the sand, Open Season, Surfs Up, Terminator Salvation, Lost Via Domus, Jumper, CSI games 2 of them, King Kong, Phantasy Star Universe and of Course the most embarrassing of the lot...Avatar the burning earth.

mind the bloke behind the counter knew my pain, he brought up his gamertag and got the 1000 gamerscore on Avatar as i was stood there:lol::lol:

I have always enjoyed kids games like Open Season which is my favourite game on xbox360 and i much prefer to play a game like Mini Ninjas over Call of Duty.

Cant say i didnt enjoy being a gamerscore whore but thank fuck im out of the habit of buying shit games for achievements.

I usually rent them now;)

:lol::oops: Either Pokemon for the DS or Animal Crossing for the DS - both great games!

i wouldnt class animal crossing or viva pinata or little big planet in there, as i find games like that f***ing brilliant.. you can see the work they have put in. i also have an emulator on my laptop with all the pokemon games.

My mated bought a DS so he could play pokemon:lol::lol:

well where do i start, the most embarrassing moment was when i went to Cex about a year ago to trade in every xbox game i owned...over 150.

they took the lot but when they were going through it i was going crimson at realising some of the stuff i had actually bought.
Teenage Mutanta Ninja Turtles, 50 cent blood on the sand, Open Season, Surfs Up, Terminator Salvation, Lost Via Domus, Jumper, CSI games 2 of them, King Kong, Phantasy Star Universe and of Course the most embarrassing of the lot...Avatar the burning earth.

mind the bloke behind the counter knew my pain, he brought up his gamertag and got the 1000 gamerscore on Avatar as i was stood there :lol::lol:

I have always enjoyed kids games like Open Season which is my favourite game on xbox360 and i much prefer to play a game like Mini Ninjas over Call of Duty.

Cant say i didnt enjoy being a gamerscore whore but thank fuck im out of the habit of buying shit games for achievements.

:lol:

Mind I thought of you and your achievement whoring when I saw this thread.

Another shout for Pokemon for the DS, the bloke behind the counter was having a crack on about it. :lol:

Started to purchase online after that.

:lol:

Mind I thought of you and your achievement whoring when I saw this thread.

those days are past marra, i play games i want to play now, not because they have an easy platinum trophy, that said my lovefilm rental list does have some shit on there, stuff like Naughty Bear and Spiderman, just because i want to play them.

mind the bloke behind the counter knew my pain, he brought up his gamertag and got the 1000 gamerscore on Avatar as i was stood there:lol::lol:

At least you didnt stoop so low as the Hannah Montana game.

I've a few strangers on my friends list who did just that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back