Your last proper night out pre-Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

February on my birthday, went for a meal in a pub and found out there was a band on that night. The place was rocking and we vowed to go back there more often, never been in a pub since.

Went to see Stereophonics with the missus on Friday 13th(!!) March - the weekend before lockdown was introduced. We both got hit with some really nasty virus the week after too 🤷‍♂️

Mumbai silk and the town Sunday before lockdown was announced. Never bothered during the summer ‘loose restrictions’ wasn’t worth it.

Early March. Went local, few drinks round the doors then the club for a 50th which was a great night. All our mates were out, ended up with a house party, on the drink and gear all night. Proper big night out, good guzzle up, good shovel up. Didn't know it'd be the last one for a while.
If it was the last proper one ever, it was a good way to sign off.
Don't be sad it's over, just be glad it happened.

Can't remember the last big night out but I met a friend for a couple of beers on the Thursday before lockdown was officially announced (23 March) and the pubs were already dead.

Managed to have a fairly normal night out last August with a couple of pubs and a curry for a friends birthday subject to the "rule of 6". Last time I was in a pub of any description was the first week of November. I couldn't be bothered with the "substantial meal" phase.

I went to Karnival in Dusseldorf/Cologne late February. Had a great time#, as I was there, there were constant reports coming from Italy about how bad it was getting there. When I flew back there was news that 2 people in Dusseldorf had tested positive for COVID. The airport staff lined the arrivals entrance constantly asking us where we had come from. The reality hit home as soon as I landed back in the UK.

Went to Leeds on 10th March I think it was to finally get to see the Sisters of Mercy. There was talk of events and travel closing down as that date approached and I was clinging on hoping I`d get to see them. Glad I made it but it`s a shame everything since then has been kicked into touch.

I went to Karnival in Dusseldorf/Cologne late February. Had a great time#, as I was there, there were constant reports coming from Italy about how bad it was getting there. When I flew back there was news that 2 people in Dusseldorf had tested positive for COVID. The airport staff lined the arrivals entrance constantly asking us where we had come from. The reality hit home as soon as I landed back in the UK.

I had weekend drinking in Hamburg at the end of February. Little did I know it would be the last time I would leave the country. At the time COVID was still a thing which was happening in Italy. There were no signs of any precautions or restrictions in Germany or at the airports.

I had weekend drinking in Hamburg at the end of February. Little did I know it would be the last time I would leave the country. At the time COVID was still a thing which was happening in Italy. There were no signs of any precautions or restrictions in Germany or at the airports.
Yeah there wasn't really, We just kept getting asked between the plane and passport control. I went back in October and it still wasn't much change.

Late February last year. Went straight from the last remnants of a house party to catch the uber to the station to go to Coventry away. I was absolutely in a right state hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back