Your last proper night out pre-Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Benidorm to watch the Cheltenham Festival last March it was class up to the Friday. Heard rumours that Spain was going into lockdown while watching the gold cup but just dismissed them as Facebook scaremongering. Went out on night and everywhere was chucking people out for half 11 and closing up. Never seen so many police in one place in my life.
Luckily we were flying back early the next morning. Alicante airport was mental the amount of people trying to get early flights home. Couple of my mates and their lasses weren’t so lucky, they were there until the next Wednesday confined to their hotel rooms before they could get an emergency flight.

Ho Chi Min City on the last night of our holiday.

Nice food in a open roof restaurant with a band playing Pink Floyd, Beatles, Bowie and other great artists.

Fantastic evening and long to be back.

Oxford away. Got absolutely destroyed after the match. Last thing I remember is my dad spilling a bag of crisps on the floor at Oxford station.

Ran the Castle Combe 10k the following morning and wanted to die.

Work piss up during the day. Shambles as usual, everyone pissed by 3pm. I was in bed by 9pm.

It was the same day we best Bristol Rovers 3-0 at home.

What'd ya dee and where'd ya gan?

Had a canny night through Sunderland me... meal in Luciano's, John Williams night at the Empire, then over to the Lambton Worm to watch Small Wonder. Nabbed mesell a nice Staropramen glass anarl which reminded me of the evening.

That's the way it was in those days...
I think the last time I was out was around December 2019 after a match.

Last edited:
Night out in town in January with the lads, it was dead (as it always is in January tbf) and I went home early. If I had my time again i'd have stayed out until closing time though :lol:

Oxford away. Got absolutely destroyed after the match. Last thing I remember is my dad spilling a bag of crisps on the floor at Oxford station.

Ran the Castle Combe 10k the following morning and wanted to die.

Probably the same day for me. Back to London then out for a mate's birthday in Camberwell afterwards, a solid 14 hours of drinking.

Night out in town in January with the lads, it was dead (as it always is in January tbf) and I went home early. If I had my time again i'd have stayed out until closing time though :lol:
If by town you mean Sunderland then it’s not just January it’s dead. It’s every weekend.

Pre-Covid had a night on the piss in Ouseburn and went to see Jesse Malin at Cluny 2. Lockdown was a matter of days away IIRC and even then I remember thinking if anyone in that sweaty packed basement had a dose of it we were all fucked :D

Pre-recent restrictions had a last hurrah in the pub when they were selling off all the booze in a fire sale. One of the lads bought a full keg, and I got royally twatted for about a tenner.

Can’t remember pre Covid but got out last September around Roker/Seaburn and finished in the stack. Was just before the rule of 6 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back