Your go to Radio Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capital in the house when I'm on my todd, Radio 2 if wife is in.
Kisstory in the car, no ifs or buts if you don't like it take the bus!

Absolute radio 90’s for me as I’m stuck in a musical time warp.

Best music is to be had on Radio X

Moylesy on a morning is still funny... well he is better than any other breakfast radio offering which is usually happy happy wakey wakey bollocks.

The music selection on Radio X is decent, but I can’t stand Moyes and Vaughn.
Johnny sounds like he’s permanently on coke.

Absolute radio 90’s for me as I’m stuck in a musical time warp.

The music selection on Radio X is decent, but I can’t stand Moyes and Vaughn.
Johnny sounds like he’s permanently on coke.
Another good shout actually in terms of tunes.

I don't mind Johnny - I quite like the long protracted weird links that just get more and more daft.

It's just quite different from the rest of the commercial radio scene which is 99% identical.

Planet Rock occasionally
Ken Bruce
Lamacq round table
Talkshut occasionally when the mags get hammered

depends. i normally have classic fm on overnight as background noise, unless England are playing a test match in Aus/NZ and ill put TMS on 5 Live Sports Extra. More recently, ive been listening to Monta Musica Radio online, which bounces your tits off on a morning :cool:

When I lived in Blighty it was Radio 4. Over here, ABC Classic

If the radio is on in the car then its 6Music/Absolute/Absolute 90s/Radio x (post-10am)/Kiss

In work if Spotify isn't on they tend to put on 6Music/Absolute 90s/Kisstory

I find that I just can't tolerate all of the chat/banter/hilarity or adverts these days. I get taxis a lot and the crap some of these drivers listen to (mainly Radio 1 or Metro) is unbearable and just does my head and tinnitus in!

Much prefer Spotify or my own playlists, although I listen to radio 4 dramas at night. I think I'm getting old! :lol:

Car (not DAB) - Usually Radio 2, then either Classic or BBC Newcastle for Talksport
House (DAB) - Kisstory or Heart 80s

Mostly only listen to radio in the car and my first choice is usually Radio 6, but if something shit comes on it’s Radio 1, Capital, Metro, in that order, until I find summat I can listen to.

I find that I just can't tolerate all of the chat/banter/hilarity or adverts these days. I get taxis a lot and the crap some of these drivers listen to (mainly Radio 1 or Metro) is unbearable and just does my head and tinnitus in!

Much prefer Spotify or my own playlists, although I listen to radio 4 dramas at night. I think I'm getting old! :lol:
When I was in the army and driving back down south on a Sunday evening on my own I would always put on Radio 4 just for that. Made the time go so much quicker and more enjoyable. I was in my 20s when I did it. Old before my time.

6music.

Best music is to be had on Radio X

Moylesy on a morning is still funny... well he is better than any other breakfast radio offering which is usually happy happy wakey wakey bollocks.
As people have mentioned, the “banter” is shite. Too many adverts, not enough music.
Thought you’d be a 6music man like. I’ve got a Spotify playlist of new stuff I hadn’t heard of. Great for finding new stuff & getting you into different genres.

None regularly. Spotify and pods for me.

Radio 6 can be ok in small doses. Radio 5 for a bit of football. Rather go to prison than listen to talksport . Radio X, Absolute etc are just songs you've heard a billion times over and never need to hear again played by unbearable wankers like Chris Moyles. The rest are for bairns.

Radio X then radio 2 then radio X again later in the afternoon, unless there's cricket on 5live.

Johnny Vaughan's show is good but Ellis and John on a sarrada is Topper .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back