Commodore 64
Sega Mega drive
Super Nintendo
PlayStation 1
PC
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4

Mates had the Master System, Game Gear, Gameboy, XBOX 360, Wii which put me off them tbh as I thought they were inferior to what had at the time:neutral:

zx81
intellivision (still got it)
zx spectrum 48k
c64
amiga
mega drive and mega cd
3DO (worst console purchase ever)
playstation 1
ps2
xbox
gamecube
xbox360
wii
ps3
xbox one
ps4
switch

and a few pc's along the way as well

zx81
mega drive and mega cd
3DO (worst console purchase ever)
playstation 1

That's just reminded me of the Philips CD-i my dad brought home one day. Graphics were like looking through a bathroom windows and the 'controller' was just a standard dvd remote. Needless to say Palm Springs Open didn't get a lot of play time.

A lovely video demonstrating it's quality here

Last edited:
Acorn Electron
Atari 2600
NES
Game Boy
Mega Drive
Mega CD
Saturn
PlayStation
Dreamcast
Game Boy Colour
Xbox
PSP
Xbox360
DS
3DS
Xbox One

With PC here and there in amongst them too.
Acorn Electron was a canny little computer. A few of my mates had one.

NES
SNES
Amiga 500
PlayStation
N64
PS2
GameCube
Wii
Xbox 360
PS3
Xbox One
Wii U
Game Boy Colour
PSP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS
Also had PCs but nothing too powerful.

Some of them were only picked up years after release such as the GameCube, N64 and my second (and current) SNES. My Amiga was a hand me down which I played up until I got my PlayStation on my 7th or 8th birthday. Never owned a single Sega which I'm kind of disappointed about.

That's just reminded me of the Philips CD-i my dad brought home one day. Graphics were like looking through a bathroom windows and the 'controller' was just a standard dvd remote. Needless to say Palm Springs Open didn't get a lot of play time.

A lovely video demonstrating it's quality here
Don’t try and pretend you weren’t impressed with a cd rom machine at the time! My mate bought an Amiga cd32, which they released to combat the cdi. It was utter shit. Best thing i ever used it for when he lent it to me was playing Blur’s new album (Parklife) at my girlfriends house cos she didn’t have a CD player, and her tapes were all shit cos she was into the Boomtown Rats.

Commodore 16 and Atari 2600 :cool:
Commodore 64 :cool:
Megadrive
Sega Saturn
PC (500mhz Pentium Voodoo 3 chipset) Duke Nukem 3D, Max Payne Quake and Quake 2 :cool:
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
Ps3 and PSP
PS4 and Psvr (current)

Zx Spectrum 48k, then 48k+, then 128k- tremendous games on that (at the time) like Atic Atac, Jet Set Willy, absolute dogshite to play nowadays *still own a 48k+ with about 30 games
Nintendo entertainment system- Mario kart and super mario were the highlights of this little tinker
Sega Megadrive- Bringing arcade quality gaming to our homes, double dragon anyone? then the 32x, which was pony, virtua racer, fighter etc.
Amiga 1200- first purchase when I started work, bought from Comet when it was down Roker for £300 and getting copied games was a godsend- moonstone and syndicate particular faves
Playstation- ramping up the processor power now, games like adidas power soccer, resident evil 2 and Syphon filter
N64- Nintendo hammering away at the playability as usual, with more mario kart, ISS 98, Blast Corps and the worldie Goldeneye
PS2- Finally moved out of my mams, got this to keep me going- titles such as GTA3 really opened my eyes *still own
Sega Dreamcast- Given one by a mate's dad with hundreds of games to use with the boot disc, House of the Dead is awesome with a light gun but somehow doesn't work on modern flat screen tellies *still own
Xbox- Got this flashed, and had loads of games installed on the hard drive, 3 year old son loved Sid Meyer's Pirates at the time
Xbox 360- Bought this along with a £1100 42" 1080p plasma telly, to fully maximise the COD4 experience, hammered Black Ops the most though *still own
Nintendo Wii- Good wholesome family fun, and still excellent for gameplay- mario kart with the wheels? *still own
Xbox one- Only got this at xmas, the lads have had one each for a couple of years so I've been sneaking games of COD and Dead Rising 3

Not really a big amount of dough wasted, but the hours- oh the hours I put into gaming, my ma took me to the opticians as a 10 year old convinced I was f***ing my sight up playing games all the time. Turns out I was just f***ing awesome at Way Of the Exploding Fist

Atari used to play green beret and a WWF
Master system
Game gear (watching TV on it was mint)
Mega drive
PS1 had it chipped and must have had 400 games
Game boy
Xbox 360
PS2
PS3
PS4
WI
Xbox 1s
And now I have none.......mind wouldn't mind buying a Xbox 1s again.

Commodore 16 and Atari 2600 :cool:
PC (500mhz Pentium Voodoo 3 chipset) Duke Nukem 3D, Max Payne Quake and Quake 2 :cool:

Sunglasses is correct. How 3dfx ever managed to go bankrupt given the market dominance they had back then is beyond me.

Don’t try and pretend you weren’t impressed with a cd rom machine at the time! My mate bought an Amiga cd32, which they released to combat the cdi. It was utter shit. Best thing i ever used it for when he lent it to me was playing Blur’s new album (Parklife) at my girlfriends house cos she didn’t have a CD player, and her tapes were all shit cos she was into the Boomtown Rats.
The gimmick soon wore off :lol:

Tbf in 1991 it looked the part and was probably well ahead of it's time hardware wise. It's just that Philips didn't really push it and it was bloody expensive too.

Last edited:
Sunglasses is correct. How 3dfx ever managed to go bankrupt given the market dominance they had back then is beyond me.

The gimmick soon wore off :lol:

Tbf in 1991 it looked the part and was probably well ahead of it's time hardware wise. It's just that Philips didn't really push it and it was bloody expensive too.
One of my mates had a CDI with half a dozen games.

Graphically it looked better than anything else I'd seen at the time.

Acorn Electron was a canny little computer. A few of my mates had one.
We had the ROM cartridge add on as well but we only had 2 cartridge games for it. I was only about 4 or 5 when we got it so I guess they were much more expensive than the games on tapes which my dad used to buy from the sport shop in Peterlee (used to be where the tunnel is into the town centre from where Asda is now). The cartridge games were text based adventure games if I remember rightly.

A lot of the games we had on tape were basically rip offs of other games. we had Snapper which was basically PacMan, Hopper was Frogger and the Manic Miner clone was called Manic Mole.

My dad used to buy the magazine and he'd sit there for hours after work typing in line after line of code then record it to a tape for another game. Looking back they were shit games but at the time and as a 5 year old they were class.

:cry: I had a habit of getting the systems that failed

Started with this bad boy

Logon or register to see this image

the game with the gun Q told you to hold it so it would be coded to your fingerprints like he does in the film :D I actually believed it.

Then I had a NES
megadrive
gameboy
atari jaguar
sega dreamcast
Packard bell PC from dixons I paid a ridiculous amount for
A pc I swapped for a car sub box and pioneer car stereo.
Amd fx6300 pc I built
Built a new ryzen system in the summer, :( but on new years day my AIO cooler leaked and wrecked it.

Last edited:
In the order I got them (rather than the order they were released);

Grandstand pong console thing that I can hardly remember
Zx Spectrum 48k
Zx Spectrum 128k +2 (with the build in "datacorder")
Atari ST
Amstrad Mega PC (386 sx25 PC, 40mb Hard Drive with a Sega Mega Drive built in to the case)
then various home built/evolving PCs til present
PS1 (for about 6months or so but got bored)
Xbox (hard modded)
Nintendo Gameboy Advance (soft modded)
Sony PSP (soft modded)
Xbox360
Nintendo DS (soft modded)
PS3 (free with Phone Contract)
Nintendo Wii (hard modded)
Nintendo DS Lite (soft modded)
PS4 (bought for GTAV, hardly used it since it came out on PC)
Nintendo "New" 3DSXL (soft modded)
PS2 (soft modded)
Nintendo WiiU (soft modded)

As you can see. I like my games. I also like modding stuff. I also love emulation and have a 3TB drive in my pc full of stuff, which I catalogue with Launchbox.

Mine is
Grandstand thing that had variations of pong it
Amstrad CPC 464 - some of my favourite games on it Football manager by Kevin Toms (theres an IOS version of it), Joe Blade, Arnhem.
Amiga 1200 - the games I mostly played, SWOS, playmanager2 I got sacked as oxford manager after I got them promoted, never played it again after that, tracksuit manager had to use a wheel with different strips on to get the code to play ti to confirm it was a genuine copy, premier manager, Championship manager. Still got the amiga but don't think I have any games for it now
SNES
Sega Mega Drive
Game Boy
Nintendo 64
Game Boy Colour
PS1
Dreamcast
PS2
Gameboy Advance
Gamecube
PSP
Wii
Xbox 360
PS Vita
3DS
xbox 1
PS4
PC
Think that's every thing I had

Mid 90s: SNES and 3DO
Mid/late 90s: PS and Gameboy Colour
2000: PS2
2004: PS2 slim
2006: £500 Aldi gaming PC (NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS) - still have the GPU.
2011: PC - 560TI
2016: PC - 980

In the order I got them (rather than the order they were released);

Grandstand pong console thing that I can hardly remember
Zx Spectrum 48k
Zx Spectrum 128k +2 (with the build in "datacorder")
Atari ST
Amstrad Mega PC (386 sx25 PC, 40mb Hard Drive with a Sega Mega Drive built in to the case)
then various home built/evolving PCs til present
PS1 (for about 6months or so but got bored)
Xbox (hard modded)
Nintendo Gameboy Advance (soft modded)
Sony PSP (soft modded)
Xbox360
Nintendo DS (soft modded)
PS3 (free with Phone Contract)
Nintendo Wii (hard modded)
Nintendo DS Lite (soft modded)
PS4 (bought for GTAV, hardly used it since it came out on PC)
Nintendo "New" 3DSXL (soft modded)
PS2 (soft modded)
Nintendo WiiU (soft modded)

As you can see. I like my games. I also like modding stuff. I also love emulation and have a 3TB drive in my pc full of stuff, which I catalogue with Launchbox.
Let’s be honest mate, you’re a bigger pirate than Blackbeard.....

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back