The Magnificent Seven (1960)
A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
For a Few Dollars More (1965)
The Good The Bad & The Ugly (1966)
Hang 'em High (1968)
The Outlaw Joesy Wales (1976)
Pale Rider (1985)

Last edited by a moderator:

Worth mentioning there is a recent deadwood film for those that have not seen it.

once upon a time in the west

good bad and ugly

outlaw josey wales

my top three Films.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Ulzana's Raid
Once Upon a Time in The West
For A Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars
A Fistful of Dynamite/Duck, You Sucker
My Darling Clementine

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Ulzana's Raid
Once Upon a Time in The West
For A Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars
A Fistful of Dynamite/Duck, You Sucker
My Darling Clementine

a good list, and Once Upon a Time in The West is my favourite western by far, while A Fistful of Dynamite/Duck, You Sucker is another brilliant film by Sergio Leone but is it really a western? ;)
When it was originally released in the early 70's in non-English speaking territories it had either the original Italian title 'Giù la testa' (translated as Duck, You Sucker) or 'Il était une fois... la revolution' (translated as Once Upon a Time in a Revolution) - as it was set during Mexican revolution (so around 1910) and Sergio Leone used it as his middle part of his Once Upon A Time trilogy (The West, The Revolution, In America) in similar way that his 3 dollar films (with Eastwood) had been his spaghetti western trilogy.. It was during the later part of 1972 that the film either got re-released or finally released in English speaking territories and cut to shreds by the American distribution companies... it wasn't until 2014 that the yanks finally got to see the film as intended, by which time the US financed distribution companies (video, dvd releases) had ruined its entire purpose by Leone!

That aside, two days since the original post and its for most part all westerns with Eastwood, Wayne, etc, or wesrterns that get shown on the TV?... where are the classic spaghetti westerns by Corbucci like Django or The Great Silence? (also, the Tarantino angle with his 2 westerns also very good to watch films) … or the Trinity westerns?! (that made more at box office than any Leone western).. or the Sergio Leone westerns that cashed in on the Trinity box office boom? (My Name is Nobody remains one of most underrated films ever made by the way) … or what about Sam Peckinpah? :eek: - The Wild Bunch, and Pat Garret and Billy the Kid are 2 classics that spring to mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back