Your favorite westerns?

When Clint Eastwood isn't in it.

absolute nonsense :lol:

a bit of trivia for you, but even 'The Good The Bad & The Ugly' when first released wasn't even a box office hit! - I believe it took 2 or 3 years of re-releases to make its mark!? Was initially released around xmas 1966 in Italy yet biggest box office hit throughout 1967 (in Italy) was the spaghetti western Dio perdona... io no! (God Forgives... I Don't) and TGTB&TU wasn't released in a lot of English language countries until the summer of 1968!... UK release September 1968 and the likes of Australia in summer of 1969 :eek:
The Sergio Leone dollar trilogy didn't start making money until its release on video (early 80's) and along with most Eastwood westerns by ITV repeats till present date... in fact, the most successful spaghetti western ever in the box office (so just cinema) remains 'Trinity is Still my Name' (Italian title: 'continuavano a chiamarlo Trinità') from 1971 which upon release grossed more Worldwide in cinema ticket sales than all 3 Sergio Leone dollar films combined. ;)
I could probably act in Josey Wales I have seen it so many times.

its a very good film but ITV must show it at least once every 2 or 3 months … no wonder people get to see it so often! :lol:

Last edited:

Won 7 Oscars including best picture so obviously it's not crap.

That's not a guarantee of quality.
That's just the backslappers club all congratulating each other. How many great films haven't won Oscars or even been nominated?
The Oscars are awards for the industry to congratulate itself. Idiots living in a bubble.

Once upom a time in the west, followed by the Good Bad & the Ugly
Could almost watch them on a constant loop...

And purely for the cinematography, How the West was Won.

Little house on the prairie.

Can’t believe no one as mentioned this.

:lol:

years ago (around time Dusk till Dawn came out) came up with idea that it would be great to be able to buy up the rights to that series and then go Tarantino style (so basically a copyist who expands ideas) and use footage from that series and then shoot new scenes in a the next house along... make it most gory horror film ever like a cross between Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, and a western, so set in late 19th century alongside the people living in the Little house on the prairie :cool:

:lol:

years ago (around time Dusk till Dawn came out) came up with idea that it would be great to be able to buy up the rights to that series and then go Tarantino style (so basically a copyist who expands ideas) and use footage from that series and then shoot new scenes in a the next house along... make it most gory horror film ever like a cross between Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, and a western, so set in late 19th century alongside the people living in the Little house on the prairie :cool:

That sounds like a dreadful self indulgent media student project.

Westerns in general or Dances With Wolves?
All the western film makers mate. Most never got paid. Watched a documentary on it before. They were peaceful and spiritual people who were portrayed as wild animals to drive them from their land.
Also Indian ‘dream catchers’ are baby mobiles that were hung from cribs.

All the western film makers mate. Most never got paid. Watched a documentary on it before. They were peaceful and spiritual people who were portrayed as wild animals to drive them from their land.
Also Indian ‘dream catchers’ are baby mobiles that were hung from cribs.
I wouldn't disagree with you - when I was a kid I always rooted for the Indians because they were the underdog (probably something to do with being a Sunderland fan). Doesn't get away from the fact that the music written for Westerns is generally pretty good. And Dances With Wolves was quite sympathetic to the Lakota Sioux.

Back