You win or inherit £1.5m, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've another 20 years till retirement but could/would retire tomorrow if I won £300k let alone £1.5M. Hopefully one of the £300k top prize scratchcards that I buy once a week might come in.....
Funny things scratch cards. Surely you could be buying it when the top prizes have already been won? Basically entering a competition that has already finished. (I know there's lesser prizes still available).

Just buy a nice house outright, set some aside for the kids futures and set up a small business doing something I enjoy.

The tax man would have got his bit before you got any inheritance.
Winnings are tax free too

I think you’re missing the point I was making.

You ( the winner ) can gift as much money as you like , but if you ( the winner ) pop your clogs within seven years , the money you have gifted is added back to your estate for IHT calculations , in effect the estate would be worth less after taxes due are paid.

A bit clearer for you ?

I think you’re missing the point I was making.

You ( the winner ) can gift as much money as you like , but if you ( the winner ) pop your clogs within seven years , the money you have gifted is added back to your estate for IHT calculations , in effect the estate would be worth less after taxes due are paid.

A bit clearer for you ?
Thanks
£3k without questions or reclaim. Don’t know if that’s per person or in total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back