YOU WANTED THE BEST? WELL THEY DIDN'T FUCKIN' MAKE IT!

You are right and I hate rock music.
I even like the intro of 'Paradise City' but why isn't it all the original members of the group?
The original drummer Steven Adler is a bit of a mess health wise, and was already out of the band by the time the vast majority of the Use Your Illusion albums were recorded, so there's only really the Appetite for Destruction material where he's even relevant. His replacement Matt Sorum would make sense for the reunion but not really vital.

Izzy Stradlin (original rhythm guitarist and co-songwriter) probably just doesn't fancy it. He left years ago half way through the Use Your Illusion tour as he just doesn't like touring on that scale.

I think everyone would prefer it if Izzy was on board, but Axl, Slash and Duff are the main men really.

The myth of how great they were has somehow lingered, bizarrely. I would imagine this comeback will be a massive letdown.
Let down or not, it'll certainly be massive.

It's lingered because with the breakup of the proper band, despite a few years of inactivity they still went out on top with their legacy untarnished - similar in a way to the Stone Roses. Axl then went and teased everyone for years with the Chinese Democracy album.

They were the last great out and out rock band. They were harder and edgier than their poodle haired contemporaries, yet they could craft better 'pop' songs such as Sweet Child O' Mine than tripe like Girls Girls Girls. Axl in his pomp was a great front man, and Slash is the last real guitar hero.

God knas if they can pull it off now, but I'm gonna have a bloody good time finding out.

Last edited:
The original drummer Steven Adler is a bit of a mess health wise, and was already out of the band by the time the vast majority of the Use Your Illusion albums were recorded, so there's only really the Appetite for Destruction material where he's even relevant. His replacement Matt Sorum would make sense for the reunion but not really vital.

Izzy Stradlin (original rhythm guitarist and co-songwriter) probably just doesn't fancy it. He left years ago half way through the Use Your Illusion tour as he just doesn't like touring on that scale.

I think everyone would prefer it if Izzy was on board, but Axl, Slash and Duff are the main men really.

Let down or not, it'll certainly be massive.

It's lingered because with the breakup of the proper band, despite a few years of inactivity they still went out on top with their legacy untarnished - similar in a way to the Stone Roses. Axl then went and teased everyone for years with the Chinese Democracy album.

They were the last great out and out rock band. They were harder and edgier than their poodle haired contemporaries, yet they could craft better 'pop' songs such as Sweet Child O' Mine than tripe like Girls Girls Girls. Axl in his pomp was a great front man, and Slash is the last real guitar hero.

God knas if they can pull it off now, but I'm gonna have a bloody good time finding out.

YES WALLACE!!!!!

Back