YOU WANTED THE BEST? WELL THEY DIDN'T FUCKIN' MAKE IT!

I think he was in Slash's hotel room but Slash wasn't there.

It's amazing how many people died or OD'ed in Slash's company. Slash, like a typical junkie, had quite heroin virtually every time they did it and was clean. He just liked knocking about with addicts it seems.

The original drummer Steven Adler is a bit of a mess health wise, and was already out of the band by the time the vast majority of the Use Your Illusion albums were recorded, so there's only really the Appetite for Destruction material where he's even relevant. His replacement Matt Sorum would make sense for the reunion but not really vital.

Izzy Stradlin (original rhythm guitarist and co-songwriter) probably just doesn't fancy it. He left years ago half way through the Use Your Illusion tour as he just doesn't like touring on that scale.

I think everyone would prefer it if Izzy was on board, but Axl, Slash and Duff are the main men really.

Let down or not, it'll certainly be massive.

It's lingered because with the breakup of the proper band, despite a few years of inactivity they still went out on top with their legacy untarnished - similar in a way to the Stone Roses. Axl then went and teased everyone for years with the Chinese Democracy album.

They were the last great out and out rock band. They were harder and edgier than their poodle haired contemporaries, yet they could craft better 'pop' songs such as Sweet Child O' Mine than tripe like Girls Girls Girls. Axl in his pomp was a great front man, and Slash is the last real guitar hero.

God knas if they can pull it off now, but I'm gonna have a bloody good time finding out.

good post that , i cant believe you posted it tbh with that avatar, if there was ever a musician/artist who defines " the emperors new clothes " its the bloke in you're avatar, still like i said good post mate

Last edited by a moderator:
used to love them but i fear they're on the re-union money making gravy train now. saw them at donnington the year the 2 lads died in the mud.

off their trollies doing my favourite song by them.

Any link to story Chris?
Naa just saw it on Facebook. They're teasing the 2017 tour and had a short video with a clock face and Patience playing. Then in the comments somebody had posted pics of tour posters they'd spotted in Hammersmith.

good post that , i cant believe you posted it tbh with that avatar, if there was ever a musician/artist who defines " the emperors new clothes " its the bloke in you're avatar, still like i said good post mate
:lol: Don't be silly.

Last edited:
And that goes for all of you punks in the press that want to start shit by printin' lies instead of the things we said. That means you Andy Secher at Hit Parade, Circus Magazine, Mick Wall at Kerrang!, Bob Guccione Jr. at Spin. What, you pissed off 'cause your Dad gets more pussy than you? Fuck you! suck my fuckin' dick!

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids while they be payin' their hard earned money to read about the bands they want to know about. Printin' lies, startin' controversy... You want to antagonize me? Antagonize me, motherfucker! Get in the ring, motherfucker, and I'll kick your bitchy little ass! Punk!

Back