You Tubers

The fish locker has been talked about quite a bit on here over the years. A NE native living down west catching some great fish and showing some cracking experience he’s having. I’m guessing he’s making a few quid now and good on him. He’s putting himself out, he’s likability works and he is living the dream of many anglers
His Florida show was decent,as was his Scottish skate,has an amiable way about him.

It's very hard to break into. You need to build up an audience of subscribers, and it snowballs. The more subscribers, the more views, the more the algorithm feeds your content to other people. This is why they are always telling people to subscribe, like and share their videos on social media.

It is a huge part of the problem.

There are some fantastic youtube channels out there with really well produced stuff on them - and to produce a good video is a LOT harder than many people think - it takes a lot of time and effort and some of the stuff is really polished - these people deserve rewarding for their effort.

There are also a load of useful videos on the "how to do something/how to repair something" front - often not great production, but fantastically useful.

The problem though is youtube's algorithms appeal to the sensational stuff - so the more controversial a video is, the more views it is likely to receive and the more money that person (and Youtube) makes - so people are being controversial/sensationalist for the sake of it.

"Why do this, hardly anyone succeeds?"

Practically the story of everything worthwhile created. Love Youtube me.

Simply a case of weeding out the wannabes and folk just sniffing their own farts. Loads of good channels.

Any time something obscure breaks, well looky here, some guy for some reason has filmed himself fixing it, in excruciating detail. Imagine if some smartarse asked him what the point was. I'd have no handy guide.

Last edited:

Back