Yorkshire pudding on Christmas day

it is not an issue of whether they are suitable for christmas dinner or not. it is a case of whether there is oven space for them. Oven has to be really hot for pre heating and kept hot for another 30 minutes.
apparent if using a fan oven, near the end you have to open the oven door for a couple of seconds, so they dont collapse. also said if fan oven, when cooked you have to pierce the pudding to let the air out, other wise they get damp and collapse.

oven cooking we have meat pigs and blankets as well as veggie. cooking suffing and veggie stuffing. roast parsnips, roast potatoes, so difficult to get food on the table hot. we are using shop bought yorkies as they only take a minute to heat up.

want to get on the good side of your wife, offer to peel the veg or wash up as she used dishes to keep the kitchen relatively tidy, which in turn makes her job easier
I make the Yorkshire puddings in advance and freeze them. Then put them in the oven while we’re dishing the rest of the dinner out.
They are ready to go on the plates just as the dinner is ready to serve 😊

Not bothered either way
Think it stems from leaving it off to make space for Christmas extras like stuffing, parsnip, pigs in blankets etc

Xmas dinner wasn’t great at a local restaurant
No roasties, peas, mashed potato, pigs in blankets, spouts or Yorkshire’s not going back again.
The only 2 veg were mashed turnip and red cabbage, very arty farty attempt which failed on me.
Will make lunch myself at the weekend and get the Yorkshire pudds out.

A Yorkshire pudding was traditionally a filler or starter on a Sunday dinner for people who couldn’t afford much to make up for the lack of other filling foods. For Xmas dinner it was more extravagant so you had all of your Xmas specials like pigs in blankets etc. therefore no need for Yorkshires. I like Yorkshires as much as the next man but no place for them on my Christmas dinner. Scratter behaviour
Here here well said sir enough of this sacreligious use of the hallowed yorkie pud. Either on its todd wi onion gravy or with traditional roast beef dinner (preferably on Sunday at 2pm after church service). No more no less.

A Yorkshire pudding was traditionally a filler or starter on a Sunday dinner for people who couldn’t afford much to make up for the lack of other filling foods. For Xmas dinner it was more extravagant so you had all of your Xmas specials like pigs in blankets etc. therefore no need for Yorkshires. I like Yorkshires as much as the next man but no place for them on my Christmas dinner. Scratter behaviour

Aye, lobster & oysters proper scratter food. Getting out in the sun & getting a tan is proper scratter behaviour. After all that was the case originally.

Don't see the need for them tbh. Only so many things you can get on the plate and would much rather have something like cauliflower cheese instead

Back