Yorkshire pudding on Christmas day

Salmon with roast beef?
Aye, was lovely but I admit it’s not a natural combination and I needed a wall of tatties to keep the beef gravy away from the salmon.

Kids loved the salmon but we less keen on the dry aged beef…some people need to train their kids better.
Just to rub salt in the wounds. Not just puddns, left over puddns
I’ve got loads of left over puddings and gravy, breakfast tomorrow sorted!

Well no surprises to see on this forum posters trying to out middle class each other. :lol:

Well, not only do I have Yorkies on Xmas Dinner I also have mint sauce, so shove that up your hoop (ditto with Sundays dinner regardless of meat)

A Yorkshire pudding was traditionally a filler or starter on a Sunday dinner for people who couldn’t afford much to make up for the lack of other filling foods. For Xmas dinner it was more extravagant so you had all of your Xmas specials like pigs in blankets etc. therefore no need for Yorkshires. I like Yorkshires as much as the next man but no place for them on my Christmas dinner. Scratter behaviour

Aye, was lovely but I admit it’s not a natural combination and I needed a wall of tatties to keep the beef gravy away from the salmon.

Kids loved the salmon but we less keen on the dry aged beef…some people need to train their kids better.

I’ve got loads of left over puddings and gravy, breakfast tomorrow sorted!
The dog loves them so he will have one every day as a treat

A Yorkshire pudding was traditionally a filler or starter on a Sunday dinner for people who couldn’t afford much to make up for the lack of other filling foods. For Xmas dinner it was more extravagant so you had all of your Xmas specials like pigs in blankets etc. therefore no need for Yorkshires. I like Yorkshires as much as the next man but no place for them on my Christmas dinner. Scratter behaviour

Correct

Pigs in blankets aren't traditional on A Christmas dinner like. A relatively recent American import. Bollocks to tradition. Eat what you like and leave off what you don't.

Back