Yorkshire Honesty

Usual suspects talking absolute garbage on here yet again.

So just because she isnt bothered as she doesnt have many years left then its okay for her to potentially pass the illness onto someone who could be seriously affected by it who could have a whole life ahead of them? Selfish isnt a strong enough word.

Ok. But conversely would you be happy making it legally and abundantly clear that if you became ill and needed to go into a care home for the last 4 months of your life that you would only have a couple of brief visits from close family and be banned from even hugging your mam before dying? It goes both ways imo.

That’s not a fair comparison at all. It’s a brazen exaggeration and play to emotion, presumably because you yourself are still unhappy about the level of COVID-related restrictions.

I don’t want these restrictions any more than you do, but they are for the most part, necessary.

I thought you were above such shithousery but apparently not.

That’s not a fair comparison at all. It’s a brazen exaggeration and play to emotion, presumably because you yourself are still unhappy about the level of COVID-related restrictions.

I don’t want these restrictions any more than you do, but they are for the most part, necessary.

I thought you were above such shithousery but apparently not.
It’s not shithousery Frijj.

You’re accusing her of being selfish. I think it’s more complicated than that. As I posted before, we had the experience during the April lockdown of watching a close relative of my partner die in a care home without ever hugging a family member again. It was brutal. I can completely see why someone who is older would rather take their chances with the virus than go through that. I don’t think it’s selfish. You might not agree with it but it not inherently selfish.

You’re accusing her of being selfish. I think it’s more complicated than that. As I posted before, we had the experience during the April lockdown of watching a close relative of my partner die in a care home without ever hugging a family member again. It was brutal. I can completely see why someone who is older would rather take their chances with the virus than go through that. I don’t think it’s selfish. You might not agree with it but it not inherently selfish.
The fat twat has decided not to shield anyone anyway despite medical and scientist protest.
The wackies on here will be delighted at the cull coming and probably the highest death toll record that will come.
Having worked in care I do understand the point you were making though, however the folk who want to live and many do even in care homes for years will be sacrificed because some are not bothered ? Don't sound right to me.

I do agree to a point but, as Ive mentioned loads of times now, we had to get through lockdown hardly seeing my Dad who had been diagnosed with cancer and told that they couldnt do anything for him. We were with him at the end but we stuck to the lockdown rules throughout which was difficult on all of us. Im not saying this lady should be locked away and for the key to be thrown away but she needs to understand that her doing what she likes is going to put others at risk and makes a mockery of those of us who followed the rules through one of the most traumatic periods of our lives.

I am indeed accusing her of being selfish. She’s a high risk for hospital admission, requiring an ICU bed and ultimately death, if she is infected.

My justification for calling her selfish is because she’s against lockdown and clearly shows wanton disregard for measures to reduce the spread of the virus. Her words were

“We should never have been in lockdown...I don’t give a sod”

It’s all fine and well her saying that, but something like 25% of those in critical care with COVID are 70+.

Not giving a sod, when you present a significant risk of being a heavy user of critical care resource is IMO selfish.

I am not fully supportive of the heavy restrictions care homes, and criticism of her is worlds away from the situation regarding care.

It is not selfish to want to be able to see relatives. It is however selfish to not give a sod when you’re a high risk person.
Vulnerable should be shielded. Just as the Yorkshire woman says.

She IS vulnerable.

Says the bloke who regularly states he doesn't mind if the vulnerable die so we can carry on as normal. :lol:
I'm guessing you are misquoting him there for your own agemda
I am indeed accusing her of being selfish. She’s a high risk for hospital admission, requiring an ICU bed and ultimately death, if she is infected.

My justification for calling her selfish is because she’s against lockdown and clearly shows wanton disregard for measures to reduce the spread of the virus. Her words were

“We should never have been in lockdown...I don’t give a sod”

It’s all fine and well her saying that, but something like 25% of those in critical care with COVID are 70+.

Not giving a sod, when you present a significant risk of being a heavy user of critical care resource is IMO selfish.

I am not fully supportive of the heavy restrictions care homes, and criticism of her is worlds away from the situation regarding care.

It is not selfish to want to be able to see relatives. It is however selfish to not give a sod when you’re a high risk person.

She IS vulnerable.
You said you drank too a bit too much in lockdown?? Surely that makes you more selfish than this lady?? You probably put more of a strain on the nhs than her. But that doesnt count??

Last edited:
Haven’t watched the video cos, lets face it, I’m alright atm and don’t give a shitting shit about anybody I don’t know.
How mobile is the wifey? Does it look like she can get around a bit. Shirley this also affects her QoL.
Unless she’s one of them that get pissed on New Year’s Eve and flash her DKs at the world. In that case throw away the key.

This practice of calling out fellow citizens as ‘selfish’ is the single most toxic aspect of the whole affair.
People blaming others for a global pandemic, suggesting that everyday people are self centred murders. There is no excuse for it none - whichever side of the fence you sit. It’s not kind, it’s not reasonable, it’s not tolerant and above all it’s not necessary.
If your outlook leads you to a point where you end up pointing your finger at an 83 year old lady (expressing her opinion) as a manifestation of all that is wrong in the world then it’s time for a good long look in the mirror at the sort of the world you are playing a part in creating.

Its not just her though, she has expressed her opinion on camera so people are going to have a go. She is one of many who are saying "I dont care about the rules, Im not following them so stick that up your hoop!", doesnt matter what age she is, it shows the attitude of why we are in as much shit as we are.

Good for her. Since there’s a whopping high chance she’ll need the ICU if she gets infected, is she willing to forego an ICU bed if someone younger needs it?

Selfish. Those who use the most resources if they get infected not giving a fuck.

OP venerates this old woman yet hammers the students passing it about with their own stupid selfishness. What a surprise.

Less than 1 in 5 chance of even needing hospital care according to this;

Back