Yet another rampage shooting in good ol’ USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
In context, more people live in the State of California than the whole of Canada.

Toronto would squeeze in the top 10 cities (municipalities at least, which is a better illustration of population) in the US, the rest would be pretty much insignificant, Montreal is the size of Minneapolis and Vancouver about the same as Sacremento. So you have 27 large cities in America for Canada's top 3, then another 25-30 around the size of the next two large Canadian cities (around 1m people).

With so many large cities and the issues that come from that, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Never mind the history of Canada and what led it it becoming a country.

In other developments it's came out this lunatic got arrested for trespassing on White House grounds and demanding to speak to the President. The FBI then investigated him, had 4 guns confiscated, but then given back to his dad and just told him to keep them away from his son :eek: one of them is what he used to murder those 4 people.

They’ve got a massive mental health problem over there at the moment. I think I read 27% of adult American’s will suffer from some form of depression every year. Add on the fact that they’re the most medicated nation in the world, and that’s a scary combination. The fact that these people have readily available access to firearms, it’s unbelievable.
Shocking really, but if some over medicated loon could bump into Ellis Short.

There’s no way in the world I’m handing my gun in.

Out of interest do you have a semi auto rifle? Would you refuse to hand the gun in because you feel scared in your home or do you just like shooting? Or are you worried about the potential of a terranical government and intend to join a militia in case of civil war?

Out of interest do you have a semi auto rifle? Would you refuse to hand the gun in because you feel scared in your home or do you just like shooting? Or are you worried about the potential of a terranical government and intend to join a militia in case of civil war?
I don’t like automatic rifles. I don’t see the point in them. I go hunting and my tag doesn’t allow me to kill an unlimited amount and they aren’t shooting back at me, so there is honestly no reason for an automatic.
As far as the uprise or civil war, that’s a hillbilly excuse for keeping a gun. Mines for hunting and if anyone ever breaks into my house they won’t be wasting tax money on a court case

The only real reason I have a pistol is for home security.

In other developments it's came out this lunatic got arrested for trespassing on White House grounds and demanding to speak to the President. The FBI then investigated him, had 4 guns confiscated, but then given back to his dad and just told him to keep them away from his son :eek: one of them is what he used to murder those 4 people.
FBI - f***ing Bungling Idiots

I don’t like automatic rifles. I don’t see the point in them. I go hunting and my tag doesn’t allow me to kill an unlimited amount and they aren’t shooting back at me, so there is honestly no reason for an automatic.
As far as the uprise or civil war, that’s a hillbilly excuse for keeping a gun. Mines for hunting and if anyone ever breaks into my house they won’t be wasting tax money on a court case

You're @geordiedean 's husband aren't you

Last edited by a moderator:

out of interest, where do you keep it at night? if someone broke in whilst you were asleep in bed would you be able to get it quickly?

out of interest, where do you keep it at night? if someone broke in whilst you were asleep in bed would you be able to get it quickly?
I keep it in my safe ;)

I would be armed before I find a torch. To be honest it’s the threat to get the person off my property. I’m not trigger happy at all and I’d much rather the situation be resolved with a warning. However if I felt I was in danger I wouldn’t think twice

FBI - f***ing Bungling Idiots

You're @geordiedean 's husband aren't you
I think he lives in Illinois or one of the open carry states. That’s another that bothers me, just having it everywhere you go. There’s a lot of people out there who can’t control their short fuse

Last edited:
I keep it in my safe ;)

I would be armed before I find a torch. To be honest it’s the threat to get the person off my property. I’m not trigger happy at all and I’d much rather the situation be resolved with a warning. However if I felt I was in danger I wouldn’t think twice

I think he lives in Illinois or one of the open carry states. That’s another that bothers me, just having it everywhere you go. There’s a lot of people out there who can’t control their short fuse

Yep. Handbags over a parking space becomes a murder scene. Where do you live, out of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back